One For The Ladies Or Even the Gentleman

Ok own up, how many handbags do you own?

Have you any designer brands?

I only have one handbag, bought from a charity shop…
This is a lovely girl I follow on YouTube, these are just a few of her collection.:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

I buy mine in the sales and they usually last 2 years I probably pay less than £20. I have 2 in the wardrobe and one in use every day. I should take the two to the charity shop really .

My nieces pay £1000 for their handbags and I’ve no idea why as mine are just as nice as theirs . One bought a new one got bored with it sold it not so long after for £800 .

The mind boggles !

1 Like

They are paying for the name imo, Susan, maybe a Louis Vuitton handbag, they cost around a grand, and upwards…if they can afford it why not…:heartpulse:…they have obviously got expensive taste…:smiley:

Have to admit I do have quite a few handbags…also because both my daughter and daughter in law have both had such a bad time health wise this year I have treated them both to a new bag for Christmas…dare not tell you what I paid but honest as a family its been such an awful year I just wanted it to end with them both so happy…having said that I hope they like them

Its funny but all the bags I own…I tend to use just one or two favourites…daft really

2 Likes

This is a Swan Lake Addition by Ted Baker.

Here’s mine

download

3 Likes

:joy::sweat_smile::joy:…Love it!!..:heartpulse:

Apart from supermarket bag-for-life carriers, my only other bag is a LV back pack I stumbled upon while rummaging thru charity shops. It was a tad dusty etc but after a generous application of perclone + brushing, it came up like new, and for a mere fiver it was a genuine bargain thanks to the BHF :+1:
I’ll see if I can find a good example online … yep, here ya go :point_down:

3 Likes

You certainly got a bargain there!!

Some people have so much money, then they get fed up with their purchases, where do they dump it, many dump at the charity shops,:+1::+1:…which is a bonus for bargain hunters like us.:smiley:

3 Likes

This backpack was even a greater bargain as before I started the extensive cleaning needed, I found some screwed up tissues stuffed right into a seam that clunked as I threw it into the dustpan; with rubber gloves I looked closer and found two old silver crowns worth at least £40 each :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’ve got one grown up, proper Margaret Thatcher, navy blue for weddings, funerals etc

And a big, cheapie grey one for work that is big enough to hold my HP tablet but not posh enough for people to know and make me look muggable

Other than that, I like small back packs and mini over the shoulder bags, especially for going out and about

I suppose I’ve got about 8 bags altogether

1 Like

That would concern me, being mugged, it never even crossed my mind,…but yes, some will mug you for your hand bag.

1 Like

I have two Cath Kidson back packs, one in constant use,also a weekend bag, that is the cowboys pattern, a bird pattern handbag & purse to match, those three hardly used, I use the back pack all the time, everywhere.
From years ago I still have the hand made leather saddle bag that OH gave me the year we moved here, but it’s so heavy I don’t use it any more, but couldn’t bear to part with it.

1 Like

Talking about being mugged, Mrs LD only buys hand/shoulder bags with steel chain built into the leather shoulder strap to prevent someone from cutting through the strap to steal it.

2 Likes

Problem is, I reckon some would wrench it from her arm ,LD.if they are determined enough.

1 Like

When I moved down here from London I was shocked at how careless a lot of the ladies were with their handbag.

Swinging on one shoulder, left on the floor in restaurants and on the train and the bus. They’re a muggers delight

I always use cross body strap ones and put my foot through the handles if I put it down

I worry especially about the tablet as it belongs to work

1 Like

I have long envied ladies and their handbags, which are a much more sensible idea than trying to stuff things into jacket pockets
Then a couple of years ago I saw a shoulder bag in a sale, I think it was some sort of laptop computer bag
So now I am the proud owner of a Man Bag, to carry a phone, diary & pen, and a few sweets & a choccy bar, as I am a diabetic; and now, unfortunately, spare face masks
Plus I use it to carry books to & from the library, minor bits of shopping, and so on

I wonder how I managed without it!

4 Likes

I see quite a few men with man bags, they put it over their head, it lays by their side.

My son has a back pack as do I…:blush:

2 Likes

I’m a bit the reverse, I stuff as much as I can in my coat pockets and sometimes don’t bother with a bag.

I like the feeling of walking straight without carrying anything.

1 Like

This is my hand bag, charity shop number, I very seldom use it, I hate having it on my shoulder, I much prefer a back pack.