Olympics.Get on with sport for heavens sake, we don't need to know the history of the hosting country

There have been many complains and threats of boycott, youtube have deleted the ceremony from their playlists. Very disturbing content… :009:

What were people complaining about Foxy? How was it disturbing?

2 Likes

There were many references to satanism and trans activity, one chap even had part of his manhood on display…Bad form Rox, too much innuendo, mocking of religion, and nothing to do with sport or the welcoming of athletes from around the world… :009:
Men in drag representing the last supper…

Opening Ceremony

4 Likes

A number of prominent Feminists said the sight of drags mocking women with regressive stereotypes of women (womanface makeup like that associated with thirsty male desires like big red lips), at a sports event, was highly offensive

3 Likes

Remember we’re constantly told 1slamiphobia is rife and highly offensive

Would mocking 1slam with images etc be deemed 1slamophobic?

2 Likes

Absolutely, remember Charlie Hebdo… :anguished:

2 Likes

ASTONISHED. By some of the comments here.
On a site supposedly visited by Mature members.Who should have had decades of a Learning Curve.
Whether interested or participated, in any of the event’s. [Watch or Don’t Watch]
The Olympics are reflective of participants who have strived to be their best.
Having achieved, demonstrating patriotism, for and off, the Nation that provided facility.
Sport has no place for racial cultural or Political Trolls.
The quite amazing Opening Ceremony. [Simply That]
By France, uniquely using the Seine. Lengthy although ALL Nation reflective.
An original, typically french flair. Masterpiece. Given the security measures needed to stem Disenchanted Radicals.
We are invited Poll upon Poll. To register opinions on what besets the world.
The Olympics’ via Medal count and physical achievement’s.
Whether Fiji with one gold. Or China with dozens. Equatable and reflective.
Long be ANY Sport “Esprit de Corps” A Graphic Benchmark. Of What is Achievable.

1 Like

I totally agree. I happened to turn on the TV, to watch something on Netflix and not the opening ceremony, when I saw that poor piano under the pouring rain! I couldn’t believe my eyes. I was so shocked that at first I thought it was an optical illusion but then I looked carefully and realised it was actually raining heavily, I’m absolutely horrified that they could allow such a thing! :scream:

2 Likes

I started to get into the specifics of what happened in my house while I inadvertently exposed young kids to that trash of an opening ceremony, but it’s really much bigger than that.

When we, especially kids, can’t enjoy the Olympics for the wholesome enjoyment and appreciation of athletic dedication, excellence, determination, resilience, and sportsmanship we have a major problem.

The guy who choreographed the program said his goal was to be inclusive of everyone. Seriously? The obvious observation is that he marginalized at least 2 billion people, but look even more carefully.

What is disturbing is that Jolly (ironic), and others, in their self-absorbed virtue-signaling bubbles, were promoting radical (most unhealthy) unhinged ideology in the name of “inclusivity” are the most intolerant of the norms of Western Civilization (they proved that front and center) - and they are insidiously aiming to break it down through their incessant need for validation.

The exercise of freedom and respect of free will does not mean that others in a free society have to validate or normalize whatever inclinations, extremist religions, or oppressive beliefs that others might have.

The Olympics just needs to keep their eye on the ball, so we don’t have to :wink:, and we need to stop this attack on common decency, principles, and ethics - especially in the rearing of children.

5 Likes

Well the sports good.
Can pick what you want when you want on Discovery +

2 Likes

What a bunch of grotesques, I’m sticking with honest league football, they haven’t got their grubby woke hands on that…yet!

2 Likes

Bugger this what’s ragging me off is the BBC1 24/7 coverage, we have a perfectly good BBC2 for that don’t we.

Bravo… :clap: Brilliant post, and echoed by anyone who has ever participated in any sporting activity, be it professional, amatuer or hobby. So disrespectful for the athletes who’s main concern is competing for their country and giving their best…

1 Like

This oversteps common decency and makes a mockery of what the Olympics are all about.
I’m very surprised that some countries that still follow decent family values and Christian beliefs are still competing.

3 Likes

Perverts

4 Likes

What I said, but with a brilliant economy of words. :+1:

4 Likes

:smiley:

RJ would have said “Succinct” :icon_wink:

Its all been done before :smile:

1 Like

Definitely a freak side show and should probably be treated as such.
Enjoying the events such as GB qualifying for the final in men’s rowing eights and women’s rugby sevens.

1 Like

Well done Tom Pidcock, what would you expect from a fine Yorkshire lad… :+1:
:biking_man:
Pity about all our boxers though… :frowning_face:
The posh people on horses did quite well too… :clap:
:racehorse:

Our vice president was offended saying how dare they portray The Last Supper with drag queens. Paris apologised declaring that their intention was to show the Greek God Dionysius celebrating and feasting, but why use drag queens anyway?

3 Likes