Oi! Who’s Nicked My Refuse Bin?

Like silvikrin, which I suspect was something else in Art’s bin that got nicked, along with that diy botox kit.

1 Like

Art, is your house number on your bin?

If not, and someone has taken it by mistake, how do they know who to return it to?

This kept on happening to the family over the road from me, I think it was 3 times they lost their bin.
Then just recently when they were going away for a long weekend, he asked me if I would take their bin back to his garden for him after the dustmen had been.
I did this, but also stuck some big funny number stickers on it so it didnt go missing again. Luckily they had a good laugh and liked them.

If there is no number, how does anyone know its yours?

1 Like

How else do you think she knows where she lives after a night out on the town?

2 Likes

Art, your Wheelie Bin has developed a Life of Its Own and right now it is touring the neighbourhood, devouring unsuspecting passers by - that’s why you haven’t seen the Refuse Collection Team lately - they’ve been devoured too - Dr Who style! :scream: :rofl:

2 Likes

I think I’ve got it Art I’ve had two bins since I moved here… I’ve told the council but they never collect it its a bit far for me to deliver it to you but come and get it if you want :slight_smile: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

You could be right, Boot.
Perhaps someone could write a children’s story about it? :grinning:

2 Likes

Maybe we could entice Sarah Ferguson to write a series about wheeliebins? After all, her books have been filling them for years :grin:

1 Like

Oddly, I just found a bin outside my house.

It has a label saying “Art”.

Opening it up I found some old masters & a couple of old mistreses!

2 Likes

Mups, There are four houses in my road, two on each side, really far apart.

I don’t have a house number, my house has a name which may be printed on the side of the bin with my address somewhere when the bin was issued to this property.

Sometimes thieves nick bins to cart their haul away in.
I suppose not only would someone with a bin look fairly innocent, they would also hold a lot, too.

1 Like

Mups, I did wonder about, ‘identity’ theft but l burn everything with my name and address on it.
It never goes in the Refuse Bin.

Gardening tools, perhaps? :joy:

2 Likes

Pixie… Get outta town!!
I hope you weren’t referring to my new acquisitions? :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Yes, I shred everything with my name/address on.
Better to be safe than sorry ey.

2 Likes

Who me? As if I would do such a thing!
:innocent:

1 Like

Perhaps it’s a rejected lover and they want something to remember you by.

1 Like

I make paper mache with stuff like that. Let them peel it off if they can find the time :smiley:

2 Likes

Me too. In fact, I kill and bury anyone who comes round to the house to stop them passing on where I live. Don’t really miss my old friends since I know they’re still with me in body (literally), but it’s getting harder to get takeaway donner kebabs sent round.

1 Like

I think I know the answer Art , it has been very hot !

2 Likes

It might have ended up inside the collection truck. They do here occasionally

1 Like