Octopus Energy UK - Notification of Price Increase 2023 - Energy Bill Support Scheme Ends

So, folks expect a £67.00 per month hand out ad infinitum?, if that cash really went to the NHS, it would be better spent there, but, I suspect it won’t, it will probably end up giving tax incentives to folks with squillions already, that’s the way it works.

Quite … :+1:

The energy companies and their shareholders will be laughing all the way to their offshore banking services while the rest of us struggle through what should have been a period of summer savings … :angry:

Meanwhile, you will end up paying the £67 to the energy companies.

Wrong, the £67.00 came into being 6 months a ago, now removed we are paying the massive increase in energy bills which, should now be reducing as a result of global prices but probably won’t but that is a different matter.

I’m right.

Despite the £2,500 cap for the average family, millions of households will be paying more for gas and electricity from this month as the £400 energy rebate scheme has now come to an end. The £400 discount was split up over six months, from October to March, and given to households in instalments of either £66 or £67.

But some are convinced the monthly payments are continuing and are devastated to find out that they will will have to find an extra £67 a month to pay for their energy from this month onwards.

I’ve decided to stop paying the same amount each month to build up credit during the Summer months and just adjust my DDR to pay enough per month to cover my Summer usage, so my Account isn’t in Debit but isn’t building up much Credit either.
Now that energy costs are so high and interest rates are much higher too, I reckon the money saved towards next Winter’s Fuel bills would be better off being put into my own Savings Account earning me interest rather than paying it in advance to the energy company.

1 Like

I think that’s a good idea … :+1:

1 Like

I repeat, an extra £67.00 after the “TEMPORARY” winter assistance plan ends, if you don’t use any energy, you will just pay the standing charge, this £67.00 means nothing now we are back under our own steam, just us and the market place.

What bit of temporary do folks not understand?

Hi

I am with Octopus, moved there when my old supplier went bust.

I am really noticing the costs now, I have to keep one room at 21c, which is expensive.

If you don’t use any energy why pay a standing charge for something you don’t use … :017:

What you weren’t paying before you will be paying now.

But, everyone knew that!!

Not everyone, apparently.

The £67.00 did it’s intended job, through the high usage period, now, the energy companies need to pass on the wholesale cost reductions, so bills can be reduced, hopefully by more than £67.00 per month.

Latest email from Octopus:

Just a quick reminder: we’ll collect your monthly Direct Debit payment of £270.92 on 24th April.

Why is my payment £67 higher this month? The Government’s Energy Bills Support Scheme, which gave you £400 in energy support in monthly energy credits over Winter, is now finished so we’ve reverted your payments back to your usual amount. You can adjust this yourself online.

HELP

Is anyone with British Gas I am I was changed over from Bristol Energy to BG with no choice may I add. However I find their new system mind bogglingly seems I get a bill every 5 to 6 days then its cancelled some credited other amounts "miscellaneous credit " so debited then credited then billed then cancelled then credited.

I did receive my bill every 4 months.

I refuse to pay direct debit as they cannot even get the bill issued on the right time let alone the correct figure etc but anyone else having similar troubles?

No problems since succumbing to the Smart Meter, my accompanying “Spreadsheet” is worth a thousand bills.

Hi Im with BG & pay by DD , I get a statement every 3 months.
I would contact BG as it sounds like a computer error on your account

Yes I think so too however the issue is contacting BG and getting a person not a BOT
Thanks for the reply

1 Like