Now they've gone too far!

The U.S. Liquor Supply Chain Could Take Years To Recover From COVID-19 Upheaval : NPR. The U.S. Liquor Supply Chain Could Take Years To Recover From COVID-19 Upheaval Some producers can’t source glass bottles, the cost to import liquor has gone up, and there is a shortage of truck drivers.

First you want people to lock down. Now you want them to do it sober! That’s a violation of human rights! LOL I don’t even drink.
It may get to the point where your whiskey has been aged 4 days now.

2 Likes

Oh dear, I’m not a drinker either, I haven’t had a glass of :wine_glass: in ages.

We have a lot of drinkers in my neighbourhood…on collection day, I’m quite surprised at the amount of spirit and empty cans that are out,:open_mouth:

1 Like

I have a neighbour who drinks cider. She wraps her bottles in bubble wrap so they don’t make a noise when she puts them out in the bin! I think when you have to go to so much effort to hide it, is when you know you have a problem. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I got a drink problem…I can’t get enough of the damn stuff :rofl:

3 Likes

Really, how would you know…?..:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:…I had to laugh at that, :joy::rofl::sweat_smile:…I hope you weren’t there with her whilst she was wrapping them in bubble wrap, you know so much,Pixie?..:rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I saw her on the stairs of the close with a large bag of bubble wrap…I asked her if she was throwing it out because I could do with some. She laughed and said "Oh no, these are for my empty bottles so they don’t make a noise or smash in the bin when I put them in. Sure enough, she took them out one by one and placed them in the bin, :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just teasing you, :grinning:…where my son lives, they have communal bins, when I’ve put his bottles in those deep wheelie bins…I’m surprised the noise of dropping them onto other bottles, hasn’t shattered my ear drums, what a racket.:weary:

1 Like

As long as the grog shop is well stocked all is well with the world.

I read somewhere that aluminium cans were in short supply but I can’t stand drinking out of a can - the other shortage was pallets.

Don’t care myself I have about a dozen stubbies in the fridge and my son gave me a slab of beer (24 stubbies) for looking after his dog. That should see me OK for a couple of weeks at least.

2 Likes