Now that the Jubilee build up has started

Do you think you would join in with a community street party/meal (on the Sunday) or even organise one yourself?!!!

Given that we have the Monday AND Tuesday to recover and relax … I think many will be tempted…
Including me!:grin:

My neighbours are lovely
and I don’t know half of them anywhere near enough

It’s a nostalgic idea but it could be brilliant :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Rhian, Do you think the Queen is up for anything… anymore?
It’s been such a sad time for her and something she doesn’t need at this time of her life…

Having said all that, l am sure the nation is ready for a good old knees up…especially after Covid and if it’s an extra holiday!!

Well quite!
Why avoid a reason to party?!!

1 Like

I just had to look up to what dates all the Jubilee celebrations were happening and I noticed The Queen is planning to do one of her favourite things on the Saturday before the Big Jubilee Day Lunch -
Even if she retires early from the Saturday evening party, I hope she’ll be well enough for her favourite hobby and enjoy her day at the races!

Saturday 4th June

The Derby at Epsom Downs: Her Majesty The Queen, accompanied by Members of the Royal Family, will attend the Derby at Epsom Downs.

Followed by Platinum Party at the Palace:

I usually enjoy participating in village social events - we used to have a good variety of open air theatres, fetes, barn dances, barbecues, quizzes etc before the Covid pandemic began and I used to be involved in helping with organising or catering for lots of them - this Jubilee will be the first one since the pandemic.
I won’t be involved in any Jubilee events, though, because I won’t be in UK in June.

Gosh, let’s hope she makes it until 13th June! ( or 26th September in WA and 3rd October in Queensland).

Having Covid probably isn’t doing her any favours either.

Will it all be cancelled if she doesn’t make it?

I feel hard done by because I get no extra time off :joy:

ooh nice to know there will be an extended bank holiday. Thurs 2nd and Fri 3rd june :relaxed:

1 Like

That’s only of benefit to those still working, Annie.

1 Like

If its a dry day, there will probably be something going on with The Green to our frontage. Last time there was a ‘do’ I played too and a good time was had by all :+1:
I’m always roped in coz I bring a ‘silent’ generator with my sound gear.

1 Like

Ah @LongDriver
You must be indispensable round them there ‘Green’ areas

It does help in that my house is almost central and dead opposite to most of the planned functions. There is not even a footpath on t’other side of the road surface, so access for me is as short as possible.