Not wrapping gifts from Amazon?

I can’t decide if my friend is a genius or a lazy moo :rofl:

This year, all the gifts she’s bought from Amazon for her kid, family and friends, she’s not taking out of the Amazon box/envelopes

Instead she’s leaving them in the box they were delivered in and just wrapping some gift ribbon around it and adding a pretty gift tag!

She says it’s greener than buying separate wrapping paper and sellotape, the gifts are securely wrapped and in their original packaging and it’s always exciting to open an Amazon package anyway!

1 Like

It does seem a little joyless.
My late wife would always save and reuse wrapping paper the following year.
Anyway, finding the end of the sellotape when it gets stuck to the roll is a part of Christmas tradition.
I use some very festive language indeed :christmas_tree:

1 Like

I just love the process of wrapping gifts. It’s the fight with the sellotape that gets me annoyed. Thankfully, listening to Christmas carols with a glass of wine :wine_glass: helps the irritation :cowboy_hat_face:

Gift wrapping is on my list of things to do tomorrow evening. I’m a Scrooge so I always save and reuse the gift wrapping’s and ribbons.:gift:

2 Likes

You could use spray adhesive. Should irritate the hell out of the recipient when they try to open it :wink::joy::joy:

1 Like

When we were moving house…… how many times is it possible to lose the end of the packing tape :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I was fit to be tied by the end of it :rage::rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

I stopped wrapping presents years ago.
My grandchildren have money,my sons and d/in-laws have money and a gift which are put in a gift bag.
And i recycle all bags for next year.
I use the excuse im saving the planet but thats cobblers really.
I just can`t be bothered to wrap.

2 Likes

Years ago I bodged up a repair on the cuff of my wetsuit with neoprene cement, no ventilation, all a bit Lucy in the Sky as I remember … cosmic :rainbow:
I’d feel much safer with a Pritt stick and a roll of the dreaded sellotape Dex :wink:

1 Like

I think it’s a great idea !

1 Like

She could buy them gift wrapped … just sayin

2 Likes

Yes, she could, but it costs extra and creates more paper waste and some coloured wrapping papers can’t be recycled

Life can be tough at times and like everything else, all purchases have to be thought through and evaluated before making a decision. Me? I will always take the easiest route :wink::+1:

2 Likes

Yup, I think that’s what she’s doing and all this environmental guff is just cover!

1 Like

Yep. Lazy moo after all :wink::rofl::rofl:

1 Like