North Lanarkshire Council revives 200 empty flats for Ukrainians

• well thats good! :smiley:
  • Well I suppose if we have taken in 20% of the Ukraine total, it has to stop and take a breath.

This is pleasing to me as I have a young Ukrainian widow with her twin girls (4) housed in with me as part of the sponsorship scheme. If those with the space + goodwill can also house at least one displaced Ukrainian, then the UK will be doing it’s part helping with the situation created by Putin :+1:

1 Like

think about all the illegal immigrants house in Kent, kick them back to where ever they came from and let the Ukraine genuine refugees have the acommodation instead

3 Likes

Well I’m sure many are, but its good to know houses marked for demolition are being used too!

Well that would mean they would be on the streets, and that wouldn’t be good either really.

Whilst I agree, I am also miffed inside that they can refurbish for those not born here while those homeless who were born here remain homeless :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Well…after your Ukranian family move out, you could always help someone born here! :woman_shrugging:

She and her twins will be here for the foreseeable future. Job found, school places secured for September and once her money has been properly traced then transferred over to her local bank account, she will be well on the road of financial security. No, she will be very happy to stay with us until she can live locally independently. I reckon that’ll be in about 2rs time and by then I’ll be over 81 and no longer willing to share my home with anyone else; my sponsoring days will be over :ok_hand:

Sounds like good news.

well that put someone in their place? probably the Ukranians??