No headphone socket on TV

Annie, to make sure none of us give you the wrong information, do you know the model number of the Logik TV? There will be a label on the back of the TV or on the base of the TV that will say what the model number of the TV is. Once we know that, we can do checks on the web and find out exactly the right stuff you need.

Model number is L19LDVB11B

Just had a relook at your post more closely and paid more attention to bit in bold. The yellow video socket gives it away. It means those 3 sockets are input, basically for connecting video cameras or other video media device.

There has to be a audio output socket on that TV somewhere. That’s why we need the model number of the TV so we can help you further.

OK, having a look now.

Dodge I have posted model number above. Thanks

Quite right. They are input sockets. Here is the back of the TV (same model number apart from the ‘B’ at the end).

It has an HDMI socket that could be used to get audio out to an external amplifer with a headphone socket. It also has a SCART connector. I have made and/or bought leads that that takes the audio out pins on the SCART plug and converts them to phono leads that can be plugged into an audio amplifier.

Both ways need some sort of audio amplifier though.

Found your TV’s user manual and had a good look through it. I am shocked that it does not have a headphone socket. The bad news is ALL the sockets on the TV are INPUT only, none of them are output. I did have an idea to use an SCART to RCA switchable adapter but again reading the user manual, it states that the SCART socket is input only which I find highly strange because in the manual it states you can connect a VCR which is a recording device as well as a player and a DVD player/recorder.

I am therefore sorry to say that based on what is in the instruction/user manual, there is no way for you to be able to connect as pair of headphones to your TV.

The problem with your suggestions is that the TV has to support both input and output on it’s sockets and I am afraid to say that after finding the manual online and reading through it, ALL the sockets are INPUT only.

Dodge and mart:-
Thank you both for all the trouble you have gone to, I really appreciate it.
Oh well, I will just have to enjoy (suffer) the football every night, unless I banish myself to the bedroom!!

There are usually audio out pins on a SCART socket. Then the audio amp is used for controlling the sound independent of the TV. The volume of the TV can be turned right down and the signal level coming out of the SCART pins remains present and constant. Some TVs allow the internal speaker to be turned off if an external amplifier is being used. There would need to be a headphone socket present on the amplifier as well for this case.

I have done this with a few TVs and it has worked. Here is a SCART lead designed to get audio out (but not amplified audio).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/1-5m-Scart-Switchable-RCA-Composite-Black/dp/B012O77LEO/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=scart+to+phono+audio+out&qid=1609883477&s=electronics&sr=1-5

or…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/scart-3-5mm-socket-adaptor-audio/dp/B00136X340

Now you know your TV cannot have headphones, can your partner not wear headphones watching his TV programs?

Does it have Bluetooth? That might be a way round the problem.

That’s a good thought. The manual linked to doesn’t mention it in the table of contents but I wonder if that’s what the extra ‘B’ means in the model number that littleannie has?

Having said that, a TV that includes a SCART socket dates it a bit and it might not include Bluetooth. Could do though.

No, it doesn’t have Bluetooth. Shame, as my headphones do! Admittedly it is a few years old. I went to Currys last year to find out if newer models have a headphone socket, but was told they don’t, apart from large TV. It’s the spare one in the bedroom, and we don’t want a huge set in there. Oh well, never mind, it was an idea. I do appreciate all the help you have given.
Mart - your link to the gadget on Amazon which plugs into the scart socket. On the TV it is not the usual large scart socket, it’s a small one which the manual says comes with an adaptor which you have to plug in. This adaptor was missing when we bought the set, so the gadget from Amazon won’t fit. All in all, a rubbish TV set!!

On a closer look, it looks like it needs this adapter…

…plus the audio-out SCART one that needs to plug into an amplifier (with a headphone socket). The ideal solution might be an HDMI soundbar with a headphone socket. Not only for the headphone socket but for better TV sound quality in general. However, it looks like HDMI soundbars with a headphone sockets are quite rare.

I see there are HDMI headphone amplifiers but often, when an HDMI sound device is plugged into the TV HDMI socket, it cuts the TV speakers out then and you’d have only the headphones for sound (that might or might not happen).

There are also USB to 3.5mm jack converters but I have no experience of how or if that works. I think it would still need an amplifier.

Using the TV with a headphone socket probably could be done one way or another but it gets complicated …and expensive.

Why not just watch DVDs using your computer or laptop? They have headphone sockets as standard.

Thanks mart. I think it will all get too expensive and complicated.
Tachyon, I don’t have a laptop, just a tablet.
I thank you all for your help which has taken up your time. It’s nice to know there are such kind and helpful people around. I have decided to buy a personal DVD player to replace the one I had which broke. With a headphone socket!!

In all honesty that is probably the best option if DVD’s are your usual source of content.
If you watch TV you’re probably as well watching catch-up via your tablet, if the screen size is acceptable.

Zaphod. I have a lot of favourite DVDs which will come out again now we are in lockdown again!
I watch most of my TV on my tablet anyway, as my husband likes his football on Sky.
It’s a good job I am easy going.
I suppose the other option is “if you can’t beat them, join them” and start watching football with him. Only joking! I would rather stick pins in my eyes.

Me too when it comes to watching football.
:023: