No Christmas lorries

But kids really look forward to Christmas even if you don’t.

On the rare occasion that I forget myself and use the word “lorry” instead of truck my kids look at me as if I am one snag short of a BBQ. Lorry is just not a word out here. Imagine what it sounds like as a new word, very odd.

It sounds odd to me now ,and I had sixty years of using it.

Shortage of drivers…?:grinning:

1 Like

No, they won’t get out of bed now for less than £50.00 per hour. :icon_wink:

Maybe they do, but I was expressing my feelings, not theirs. :slightly_smiling_face:

They use truck in parts of the UK. I always think truck means a pick up truck.

Didn’t CocoCola invent Xmas as we know it?

A man in red with a white beard an all that.

2 Likes

No they just capitalize on it better than anyone but, Budweiser. I mean it wouldn’t be Christmas without the Budweiser Clydesdales.
budweiser

1 Like

Happy Holidays ?

The Americans do make it difficult for us to like them sometimes.

2 Likes

That’s a ute.

Ah hum! I used to Annie, it tastes nicer than beer.
Back in the day when I was a runner I attended my mums retirement party at some hall. Because I was driving people home I drank nothing but coca cola the whole night long.
Being Sunday the next day I turned out for my usual 20 mile training run…I broke my personal record by some margin, and in later races I would load up with coca cola the night before. The benefit was unbelievable!
Did I ever tell you about my jam sandwich revelation?

You’re making this up surely?

Coca cola is addictive stuff. I worked with a hyper chap who used to drink a litre of it for breakfast. (not advisable).

Ok so what did you see in the jam and is this Elvis related? :wink: :grin:

Did it involve a Police car?

2 Likes

I didn’t get addicted to it Annie, just resorting to a can/bottle or two the night before a big race.
I’ll post my experience with jam sandwiches in ‘Bobs Bits’ tomorrow. It’s getting past my bedtime and my eyes are feeling heavy…Goodnight for now… :zzz:

Goodnight Foxy.

1 Like

Being as it is Christmas I will indulge you.

haha thank you I see it’s an Oz abbreviation of “utility”. What do they not shorten? Must be part of the “pragmatically taciturn to avoid swallowing a fly” culture!

Yes, the disabled guys love coke. I haven’t really fathomed that out as yet. Once everybody has their cigarettes then coke is the next on the shopping list although that grisly advert is not really old enough to press my buttons or anybody in the UK it is kind of 2nd tier. I’m trying to think of an equivalent, probably S…s…sl…ade…merry Christmas everybody. Euch. Even ‘merry Christmas’ is political. ‘Merry Christmas’ means the guy is an arsehole while ‘happy Christmas’ is a loveable person always.