Ninja multi cookers - anyone got one? Any tips? Thoughts?

So have been thinking about getting one of these Ninja multi-cookers for a while after speaking to a friend of mine who has one and says how good they are, especially as I live on my own and cooking some times is a chore. Anyone on here got one and would you recommend them, pros and cons and any tips appreciated.

1 Like

I had to google it:

1 Like

They look amazing, I’m a sucker for a good kitchen gadget

But I have a dirty secret, I’ve got an Instant Pot, which is supposed to do some of the same things, but I’ve never worked out how to use it

Still in it’s box!

So before you invest make sure you’re techie minded enough to master all those functions :rofl:

1 Like

If you want healthier food , lower fuel bill , low smell cooking , no big oven to clean but most of all delicious faster food .
Get yourself a ninja …I love mine :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts: does yummy hassleback potatoes

2 Likes

Hmm! All those buttons and functions might just blow my tiny mind. I think I met my techie match with the electric kettle.

Got one…brill, we mainly use the air fryer, but have used it to roast and pressure cook.
I would recommend it

Maree, you need to be cooking on gas girl.:joy::rofl:

Seriously ,they are so simple to use, I’ve not stopped cooking in mine ,since I purchased it, chicken stew in 35 minutes, it makes chicken stock for me, all I do is prep, do a bit of sauté and that’s it really, oh! and some steaming of vegetables…I’ve made curries, Goulash, Chicken Teriyaki, the list is endless, once you’ve used it, you’ll wonder how you managed without it!..:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The meals are incredibly healthy…I put sweet potatoes, swede, potatoes, carrots, onion, courgette, my own stock, parsnip.all in the chicken stew, the flavours are absolutely delicious, I kid you not,come on girl, give it ago,:grinning:

I’ve also got a PKP, left that at my sons, I can’t go back to that hob again!

I’m hoping to buy a Ninja Air Frier soon like Ripples, then my oven will become redundant…

2 Likes

Not really, never cooked a Ninja. :icon_wink: :grinning:

It’s on again, Maree,:sweat_smile::rofl: come on girl get yours on?..

I put to much liquid in, when I first had it, when I released the pressure valve, I was showered in chicken stew, :sweat_smile:careful not to overfill it…

1 Like

Baby steps, baby steps….I’ll get it out of the box again and try reading the instructions!

1 Like

My Daughter has one, she thinks it’s the best thing since sliced bread & she hates to cook.

2 Likes

I never read any instructions, it was guess work,:joy::rofl:…I found those instructions confuse me!..:smiley:

1 Like

You’re right about that, it’s what’s putting me off!

1 Like

Maree, I went on to YouTube for the recipes , watched a lot of the you tubers tutorials, and followed their instructions, what I do is, type in the dish I fancy, then type in ,instant pot duo, spaghetti bolognese ,you tube, then a load of different recipes come up.:+1:

1 Like

I’ll have to give it a go, a lot of people say they’re really good :+1:

1 Like

Is it just me - or does anyone else think these Ninjas and Pots look like relatives of R2D2 and C3PO ? !

:robot:
Even some of those air fryers look like they have a face.

1 Like

I’m happy to say that my air fryer has a very blank expression.
The last thing I need is my kitchen gadgets getting a bit above themselves.
The very thought!
It’s almost like a 70’s sci-fi movie gone horribly wrong :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Superenigmatix

1 Like

We have the Ninja XL and although its a good product, its awkward getting things out of it once they are cooked due to the deep bowl/basket. We have burned our wrists many times on it and finally decided to get something else.

We opted for the Klarstein which, although doesn’t do the pressure cooker or slow cooker function is much better to get things in and out of than the Ninja when compared as an air fryer. The Klarstein has a much wider basket than the Ninja so if you’re doing a lot of (say) chips you don’t need to keep mixing them up. The Klarstein can also rotate on an angle which is great for roast potatoes.

We don’t use the pressure cooker or the slow cooker so for us, the Klarstein is way better, and cheaper. Ours is the Pommesmaster which is about £100

https://www.klarstein.co.uk/Kitchen-Appliances/Air-Fryers/