Nightingale Hospitals don’t have enough staff to operate!

No … contingency planning and training is sensible in any human activity … :slight_smile:

We have had four years to plan for leaving the EU.

The WHO expected a pandemic sometime around now but it’s a bit like expecting Armageddon or the Age of Aquarius. It’s funny though because I remember reading a Nostradamus prediction (many years ago) about the end of the world coming from the rise of China. When I read this it didn’t make sense because all our problems were then in the Middle East. I’ve never been able to find the reference again when searching online.

They have expected this. We have as a species had pandemics more often than this. It was anticipated but it’s like a needle in a haystack.

Do you think that is what happening to all covid deaths Annie, put into storage i mean?
I can’t imagine undertakers could cope with so many otherwise.

Perhaps it is true what I heard about the old tip being converted to store bodies then.

I’m not sure what is happening this time round. But it takes a longer time to bury anyone now whether they have covid or not so I guess they need more room. It’s really depressing isn’t it. My SiL’s mum died and they had to wait two months for the funeral. I think she also had to be cremated. But I’m not sure whether that was by choice. They were not allowed to attend a cremation ceremony and at the time I think only five people could go to the funeral.

Funny you should mention that Annie…
When I was an apprentice back in the sixties I attended college during the cold war and everyone considered that Russia was the enemy. I always remember this one lecturer telling us that it was China that we should be worried about because that’s where any threat would come from. Perhaps he had read the same Nostradamus prediction as you…

I’ve been to two funerals recently Mups, one died from Covid and the other from a brain tumour, they were both cremated within one week of their passing. We were allowed to attend both funerals but masked up and spaced appropriately.

oh heck

https://www.jolliffecork.co.uk/blog-post/was-nostradamus-right

and then I found this

What to believe

In whatever I originally read I don’t remember the plague reference or the year being mentioned. Just the rise of China. This was at least 15 years ago.

And I don’t think Mr Higgins (my old lecturer) had read any Nostradamus Annie, he just put two and two together…It was probably obvious to some…
The Chinese didn’t get to be the oldest civilised race on the planet by not capitalising on what the world had to offer…

Was his name Henry by any chance? :wink:

Fraid not Annie, he taught us about ‘Revolution’ not ‘Elocution’…:smiley:

I guess you won’t fool the children of the revolution…:smiley:

T Rex, a group before their time Annie, but I meant revolution (wheels, gears and stuff) from a more ‘Mechanical’ point of view…:017:

Well it seems Bolan was wheely writing about that too. After all it’s all bump and grind and rolls royces!

Good one OGF!

Donkeyman!

Cheers Donkeyman…:023:
Happy New Year By the way…:wink:

A couple of newsworthy topics today:

World Health Organisation has been refused entry
to China to investigate the origin of the virus.

AND

Dozens of Hong Kong pro-democracy figures arrested

China is flexing it’s muscles … again…and again…

No big surprise.

The way things are going, it looks like it’s going to be China (and Pakistan, of course) against the world. They haven’t a chance.
The only unthinkable outcome, though, is an escalation to nuclear war.