Nicola Sturgeon urges COP26 protesters to respect Glasgow

The first minister said the emergency services were there to keep everyone safe including those involved in the negotiations, those demonstrating and those who lived in the city.

• Glasgow is clogged already with armed police, road closures and various protesters. Not to mention the flooding. Huge convoys of cars with blacked out windows are already doing the rounds. Special instructions have been issued to all workers in Glasgow, with regard to security protocol.

Ms Sturgeon said the next fortnight would bring disruption and cause frustration to the people who lived in Glasgow but said it was for a purpose.

• why now? With covid and flu, plus the weather…they could have changed it to Summer?

Operation Urram (Gaelic for respect) will see up to 10,000 officers deployed on some days of the conference.

On Friday 7,000 officers and staff from across the UK arrived in Scotland to support the massive security operation.
But experts believe the greatest virus risk will come from protests or other activist events, which could attract an estimated 100,000 people.

• Try double that…possibly triple. Its a logistical nightmare.

OMG WEE shi… should maybe start practicing what she preachers hypocrite

3 Likes

The Isle of Arran would have been a good idea, but not so much fun.

1 Like

There might be a few objections though :joy:

2 Likes

aye ye can feck off theres one :rofl:

1 Like

You’re starting to sound like Jane Godley

father jack actually shes a cheek though any1 in or around here knows

I did listen to few Janey Godley voice overs and thought they were funny, but I can only tolerate her in very small doses. Then she got into bother with a years old tweet about something and had to apologise, and I haven’t heard her again. Oh dear, shame. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

its actually a good likeness :rofl:
the irony is if they wanted to come to arran is the ferry fiasco been building a new ferry for us for years thats millions over budget and still not finshed so nae luck

we all sound like that :laughing:

1 Like