NHS must reform or die, warns Keir Starmer

K can talk the talk saying everything we already know “reform or die “
Talk is easy when not in power “ can he walk the walk.

5 Likes

Can K fill the 134000 NHS vacancies?

2 Likes

K in 'eck

1 Like

They have all said the same thing, Google useful for reminding us. Too many Chiefs not enough Indians the biggest problem.

1 Like

The cancer of NHS is corruption. Reform won’t change that.

1 Like

Looks like they updated the story:

He told the BBC the NHS should always be free at the point of use but there was also a role for the private sector, including to help clear waiting lists.

Let’s also hope it’s not a pretext for privatisation of certain parts of it like they did with dentists!

I’m not sure Starmer can be trusted when he’s saying stuff like that tbh - what does he actually mean by it?

What he means is that he doesn’t want to frighten off centre voters through the use of left wing dogmatic statements.

We need a middle of the road party one with reasonable representatives not left wing AHs like Corbyn or rich dilettantes like Cameron .

1 Like

Blair’s new labour?

1 Like

Think Starmer’s trying to emulate it to a point.

Having said that, anything’s gotta be better than this ramshackle bunch of tw@ts currently running the shop.

He so isn’t. I’m not sure what he is doing but it isn’t electable.

1 Like

Rock bottom doesn’t exist when it comes to politics

1 Like

Maybe not electable in the sense that Blair was in the first few years. Let’s just say “less” unelectable than the current pile of $hite.

No electable full stop. I don’t know why labour find it so hard to find a decent leader. It’s such a shame it was Ed rather than David. That changed the course of history of the nation.

1 Like

I agree.

However, I suspect that Starmer will be voted in as pm in a couple of years via apathy mixed with antipathy against the current loons.

1 Like

country is in the toilet…

2 Likes

Makes one wonder about the efficacy of “top” schools and the subsequent Oxbridge/Russell etc output if this is the best that we can muster.

1 Like

You think that’s the only variable here? The fact that only “Richards” want to run the country is down to where they were educated? I think it’s more a case of the fact that the sensible would steer clear of the poison chalice! What sane soul would want the job?!

It’s done, Blue and Red are finished (and have been for a while).how many shades of Purple are there?

1 Like

It was better than what we have now .

1 Like