News Bombardment - an obsessive illness?

I like reading the sky news app the bad English is amazingly entertaining

1 Like

I do listen or watch the news but not too deeply because it can make me feel low in myself . I know stuff is happening as I try to be knowledgeable but I won’t let it get into me . I do think it can affect our mental health and outlook as news is all very deep sad and distressing . There is nothing we can do about awful things happening , nowadays we hear so much of violence too .

2 Likes

It’s more about making some stories addictive through 24/7 coverage for a few days/weeks, and then moving on, leaving us go cold turkey until our next fix from another story to embed ourselves in.

There’s nothing new about sensationalism and propaganda but,

In the old days, it was The 6 o’clock News, The 9 o’clock News, News at 10

Now they have reporters standing outside No.10, or wherever, making it up as they go along 24 hrs a day.

There should be a law against it.

3 Likes

There also ought to be some kind of agreement that they stop telling us eg what the pm will say in a speech later on, then (after the pm has made the speech), telling us what was said!!

The press is the government mouthpiece. They are paid to break it to us slowly, you know, like we might slit out wrists. Then say it again like we might be interested. And say it again as a pat on the back is well deserved.

1 Like