New TV wont work right

Had to buy a new TV yesterday and after 2 hours it finally got up but took another 45 min to get it to recognize my dvd player and antenna but only found 5-10 channels with my antenna! UGH! I have to get someone to come over today and see what’s up! So aggravating pay so much money for these tv’s and they are so complicated to get to work! I must be tech stupid or something, lol. Hope the rest of the week goes better. Have a lovely day everyone.

3 Likes

@DM57 Hi DM :smiley:
I hate buying any new equipment it is usually very complicated these days containing lots of ‘features’ we don’t need or want but have no choice but to accept.
Hope you manage to sort it soon…

3 Likes

I feel your frustration - it’s all very well having a Smart TV but unfortunately I ain’t that smart when it comes to technical things.

2 Likes

DMV, it took my MIT-educated niece and aerospace engineering nephew three hours to set up my mom’s tv and all the related devices. It’s not just you!

Every purchase should come with a good-looking, fit man with a bright smile and the skills to do the installation. I’d sure pay that extra $50 :sunglasses:.

4 Likes

I totally agree! We should be able to buy ordinary stuff and add the extras if you want them!

Every purchase should come with a good-looking, fit man with a bright smile and the skills to do the installation. I’d sure pay that extra $50 :sunglasses:.

Cheap at the price!

1 Like

TY, Me either, lol

OH! I love the Good looking Tech guy addition! :slight_smile:

Your not in Yorkshire are you, a couple of weeks ago the bil scale transmitter caught fire and lots of TVs went off in yorks and teeside, it’s still not properly fixed yet and some TVs can’t get any reception,

1 Like

Bilsdale transmitter, ( stupid predictive text) ……

1 Like

Oh my that is terrible but no I am in Nevada, USA.

I know what you mean [quote=“DM57, post:1, topic:84043, full:true”]
Had to buy a new TV yesterday and after 2 hours it finally got up but took another 45 min to get it to recognize my dvd player and antenna but only found 5-10 channels with my antenna! UGH! I have to get someone to come over today and see what’s up! So aggravating pay so much money for these tv’s and they are so complicated to get to work! I must be tech stupid or something, lol. Hope the rest of the week goes better. Have a lovely day everyone.
[/quote]

I know what you mean,DM 57…had the same problem…I’m a technophobic…thank goodness I have my son.

Did you get it to work yet?

Yes. I always regarded Yorkshire’s main transmitter to be Emley Moor, but of course God’s County is a big place so it stand to reason that it would need two (plus lots of smaller relay stations too). Then there’s the far reaches of the East Riding which receives its signals from Belmont in Lincolnshire.

Update … After someone adjusted the antenna and cables redone and tightened everything for me… It works now… woohoo. lol.

1 Like