New laptop for Camera

First off this is the first laptop I’ve purchased. The only laptops I ever had were given to by my employer for work. I have always been a desktop only guy. Now I have to start by saying I’m not an Intel fan. In fact I hate Intel processors, however since this is going to be a laptop just for my camera. I also had to have the specs to handle Photoshop and Lightroom, so at least 8gb ram no less. I wanted to be able to tether my camera to the laptop for landscape and Long Exposure photography. My Nikon D7500 has built in WiFi, however after a large amount of struggle with Nikon Software and getting nowhere. I finally found a program that lets me do what I wanted via WiFi, and in the end it was so easy I almost threw the laptop out the window, in frustration. Here is a link to that program https://dslrdashboard.info/
Now I can use my laptop to take a photo with my laptop or simply view a photo I’ve just taken. This allows me to see the photo on a 15.9inch screen instead of a 3inch screen. I am really excited to get started on Long Exposure. I will end this by saying I also almost sent it back when I learned that it was not only an Intel processor, but one of the dreaded (in my book) Celeron processors, which I hate and have always had bad experience with. However at his point it operates amazingly well. I can even view 4K which shocked me. In the end my diligence paid off I think this was a good buy for what I need (now that I can set it up and use it properly. I am however still an AMD fan through and through. As soon as I get a chance will post photos.

1 Like

I read all of that ,Danny and never understood a word you said…:rofl:…I hope you have many years of enjoyment on your new laptop.

My son was bought one from his new employer, I’m shocked at the cost of some of these new laptops.

I bet you’re counting the weeks now, not long before your new adventure,:+1::+1:

1 Like

If you only knew. Heavy sigh. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

digiplate_mini

I guess I should have included this. I forget my audience isn’t into cameras and computers the way I am. Basically this allows me to see adjustments that need to be made that are hard to make out on a 3 inch screen (on the back of the camera) the rest of what I said was just geek babble… :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Wow!!!..that looks real high tech stuff there,Danny,:+1::+1:…very impressive!

1 Like

Windows !!! Microsoft !!! dread it all .
Back in 2011 I moved over to the Mac side and have never looked back .
Since then my trusty Mack desktop has never failed me not once .
And even better I have never needed any virus software of any form.
It’s a system which just lets you get on with using it. Problem Free 100 % of the time
As for a laptop camera, most of these including Apple are of bad quality .
The easy fix is just to use your mobile phone linked to your laptop for a much improved photo result/quality.

1 Like