New garage shelf

I like technical details…but since you asked, just plain wood and about 4.5ft high. 3 shelves will do for now. I’ll paint it myself. Thanks…just drop it off when you have time. :cool:

And make sure it has rubber feet for optimum stability.

Width and breadth? What will you be putting on it?

Depending on the floor surface, rubber might not be the best option.:wink:

My floors are uneven though. I probably need some extendable legs…

About 2ft deep and 3ft wide? Books on the bottom, plants on the top and no idea for the middle. Probably little decorative baskets for hiding bits and bobs.

Can’t you just stand on a box or something?

As strong yes but possibly a bit of wobble because the joints aren’t clamped together with nuts and bolts. No problem with boltless if fixed to the wall with a few screws.

Ha! For the shelves!! Although I have wondered if practicing with stilts would be a good idea. I could go shopping in peace then, without having to ask supermarket staff to reach things for me. :shock:

These are the ones for you.

Since they’re for the trades, technically we’re still in the right part of the forum, albeit somewhat off topic.:blush:

Hahaha! Thanks Dex, yes…they will do the trick just nicely! I might need to wear a really long skirt, or some flappy trousers :shock: but I’ll work something out!

There are plenty of wooden shelving units available such as this kind of thing.

Depends on what you want it to look like.

Getting an overheight one and cutting the uprights down to size (and hence having the same number of shelves over a shorter height) is one option too.

Thanks Dex…I used to have one of them (or similar) but the slatted shelves are no good. I prefer solid shelving. It sounds so fussy, I know…oooh something like this size but solid shelves, and I’ll need about 3 of them .

https://www.wayfair.co.uk/furniture/pdp/natur-pur-bookcase-hes8412.html

Thought the slatted shelves might not be what you want.

I’d suggest IKEA stuff, but not sure that they do anything in timber.

They are nice shelves, Dex, but the slats aren’t sturdy enough really. They bow in the middle somewhat, then eventually splinter.

those wooden shelves would not last long in a garage which was the thread heading

Yes RS, I’m really sorry for derailing your thread. Won’t happen again :frowning: Please do continue :slight_smile:

:-D……

Apologies too realspeed :blush:

Certainly not something that RS would do… :lol: