New drama about Jimmy Savile

I remember when I watched a London marathon with my ex not that long after we were married and he was marvelling at Saville’s “great work” for charity and what a National Treasure he was etc etc.
I got really cross with him and said something along the lines of “I don’t care if he raises money for charities, the guy’s a f***** creep. He gives me the heebee jeebees”
My husband threw me a filthy look but oh how right I was.

I don’t know if any members on here saw the documentary Louis Theroux made on him years before he died. I remember, that to me, it just confirmed all my doubts… classic peadophile profile if ever I saw one.

2 Likes

I saw that documentary with Louis Theroux, Rhian, and I thought even then Theroux didn’t make a great job of hiding his feelings about the man. I cannot believe the BBC are going ahead with this. I know they will try and play innocent. Its beyond disgusting.

1 Like

… and ITV are helping them to make it … :exclamation:

ARE they??? :astonished: I haven’t read up about it, apart from what’s-is-face Steve Coogan playing the part. Ok…well, i wonder what they are playing at?

I emboldened the ITV contribution in my post - they’re providing the studios … :movie_camera:

Ok…:thinking:

AFAIK, most TV productions are farmed out nowadays to minimise cost and risk - this is, apparently, another of them … :neutral_face:

This is a programme that l would not be interested in, at all.

What purpose will it serve? Only to drag up the harrowing, shocking treatment his victims endured

1 Like

Well I understand that, Omah, but why this? Why even make it all…to what end? Its very disappointing. I won’t be watching it. :frowning_face: .

1 Like

I agree and I hope this will be a huge FAIL for old Auntie Beeb, and an Aunt that’s well past her use by date.

2 Likes

I agree. But some people seem to like relish the unpleasant aspects of it.

Its reckoned people turned a blind eye to his antics, the beeb being one of them, their programme is unlikely to be impartial is it ?

2 Likes

There must be many of his victims who never got justice after being abused by him. What about what this did to them and their emotions, which they probably are still having to deal with today?

I will not be watching this programme, that’s for certain!

1 Like

It’s not my type of “drama”, either … :009:

2 Likes

The awful thing was people knew what he was like & some even joked about it, but nothing was ever said out in the open. One girl, who used to be on TOTP, now an adult, even said in an interview when all this came out, that it was expected of them if they wanted to be seen on TV in a prominent position & dancing. She was very matter of fact about it. I thought that very sad actually.

No, I’ll not be watching it. It sickens me to think of what he did, I have no wish to see a drama about it.

The crime may be somewhat different, but the effort currently be put into avoiding the consequences by prince Andrew, make Saville look like a good guy.

The real issue with Saville is, any drama needs to NOT rewrite history, it needs to be honest & difficult to watch. Otherwise, how long before we forget & it happens again?

Didn’t that guy from Public Image Limited speak out about it during an interview and promptly never got on Top Of the Pops again…:thinking:

More like a “veiled reference” than speaking out … shrug

Lets not forget that it was the BBC that ignored all the evidence and accusations made against Saville when he was one of the BBC’s stars, but the BBC will never ever admit it got anything wrong. As true today as it was then.
Time the BBC was made to stand on its own two feet and the license fee should be scrapped. It would not bother me if I could not atch the BBC as I find little to interst me now from the corporation.

1 Like

could not agree more MrFraggle67 about the licence fee scrap it …make it like sky so you pay for channels you want including BBC
…on savile guess people have choice whether to watch it or not I most definitely wont