Netflix: Mindhunter - Series (2017)

Thanks, might give it a go.

(I’m currently on the second series of Capitani … I like that!)

1 Like

I liked the first series of Capitani but the second was too “international” (3 languages at one stage) and convoluted for me … :slightly_smiling_face:

I will look out for Mindhunter and let you know if I liked it…sounds promising :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a slow-burner … and the colours are deliberately muted (but not dark) - David Fincher also directed Seven, Fight Club, Panic Room and Zodiac (plus many more).

Naturally, the FBI Special Agents wear guns but they’re never drawn. When they face the “monsters” they’re unarmed, except for a notebook and tape-recorder.

There are glimpses of gory photographs but no lingering gory scenes.

There is a well-thought and complementary soundtrack to the series.

The cars aren’t the stars but there are some great 1970’s workhorses, like Agent Ford’s 1976 Chevrolet Nova:

Well I’m confused I looked for it on Netflix but couldn’t find it…are you based in the UK Omah? Maybe its just not available here yet

1 Like

Yes, I’m in the UK … :+1:

I’ve searched and found:

I’ll look again…thanks

1 Like

Although the link is German, it connects to the English version of the series.

I’m more than halfway through Capitani S2 and it’s all in English with the occasional “merci” and “bonjour”.

:017:

1 Like

Are you watching subtitled or dubbed?

It’s dubbed in English (well done too). I didn’t change any settings, it came up in English automatically.

1 Like

I hate dubbing so I watch in the original with subtitles.

Some dubbed progs are really bad. But this (Capitani) is first rate, in British English too.

1 Like

OK…I’m on my third episode hooked already :slight_smile:

Some shocking insights into the criminal mind from the sequence (as they refer to it) murderer in the prison…very true to life I would think…how scary is he…very disturbing.

I’m looking forward to seeing how it progresses

1 Like

A-ha … so you found it … :+1:

One episode just isn’t enough, is it … :question:

I’m guessing that the “sequence murderer” is Ed Kemper, the “Co-ed KIller” … :scream:

I have just watched the last episode … a really good series. I would love another series as I would like to know what happened to to the main characters Holden Bill and Wendy… especially Bill…I was so sad for him.

Really worth watching

1 Like

I’m glad that you liked it … :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve started watching it again … :nerd_face:

John Douglas, is often referred to as “The silence of the Lambs guy.” As he played a big part in both the book & the film. And if anyone has seen the TV series Red Dragon, then that is the book that Silence of the lambs is based upon & the main character (Jack) is based upon John.

John Douglas & Robert Ressler interviewed serial killers & thus created criminal profiling.

Anyone with any interest in crime should read the works of John Douglas, Robert Ressler & Roy Hazelwood. Candice DeLonge’s book also makes good reading too, but it is her biography, not about profiling.

1971 Plymouth Satellite, as driven by Bill Tench:

Aggressive even at rest, the four-door version of the Satellite was likely to be sporting a 318-cubic-inch V8 engine, although a 383-cubic-inch V8 pushing out as much as 330 horsepower. This Plymouth is capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in 9.6 sec and has a top speed of 114 mph.