Net, Or Life?

Which one are you?

1. A person who “lives” on the internet and manages to fit in a little life, around it?
2. A person who lives life and manages to fit in a little Net, periodically, during it?
3. A person who has found a healthy middle place, between the two?

My guess, about myself, is that I’m around 60% Net - I really must get myself a life! :slight_smile:

1 Like

A mix of both, some days when there’s not much going on then I’m online too much.
Then other times I don’t look at the Web for days at a time.

1 Like

Life every time especially in the summer.

2 Likes

I know which one I am because of the 111 new topics I still haven’t read yet. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

110 now - I read this one.

Err… can I choose all … 1, 2, and 3 ?? :laughing:

i.e. Guilty on ALL charges ? :innocent:

I think that, if we tried to view everything we see, online, that might be enjoyable, for us, we’d need around 39 hours in the day, with little to eat, little to drink, no work, no family and a lot of electricity money in our piggie banks! Also…click-bait is the AntiChrist!

I get annoyed if I spend too much here I tend to come here early morning before real life gets underway…I’m always awake about 5am so it doesn’t upset my day too much.

Same here summer, an hour here in the morning is more inspirational than the bloody news on TV :grin: (probably)

3 Likes

Couldn`t have put it better myself spitfire.

I would hazard a guess at No 3. I used to be fairly enthusiastic where forums are concerned including this one, but over time all have changed to become far too PC which I find somewhat boring. I do tend to select a few, log-in and then leave Malwarebytes and W Defender to be my sentinels while I get on with other things around my now disabled wife, occasionally looking to check any new additions.

It sort of depends, if I’ve got lots of boring housework type jobs or boring paperwork to do, then it’s NET, NET, NET

I’m the Queen of Prevaricating and “I’ll just have a quick look on the forum, and do Wordle, then I’ll get started” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But if I’m out and about, meeting friends and nice things to do, then it’s LIFE! :rofl:

I’ll just check the latest threads and then I’ll clean the bathroom……

2 Likes

It depends on what I need to do and why and I will be honest and say I use the net more now I’m retired than I was at work. In many instances, it’s almost mandatory to use the net, even when you don’t want to or because doing stuff online is easier than (example) sending cheques in the post. There also seems to be a growing demarcation line for those on the net and those who don’t - as in paying bills online is becoming cheaper than using post, which I’ve considered to be unfair to those who want nothing to do with the net or unable to grasp it’s use - being scared and unsure on how to use it.

So for me, I’m a 2 and a half.

1 Like

The internet kills time, can be quite entertaining, something to do when at a loose end which happens more often nowadays.

1 Like

This is what happens when folks chuck in work.

I already had a wide range of tools for procrastination in my armoury for putting off doing today what I can do tomorrow - the internet is just one of those tools - before the advent of the internet, I managed to procrastinate very well with my old fashioned diversions -
where there’s a will, there’s a way! :rofl:

1 Like

Reading latest news online from 5 news sources with my morning coffee, Wordle and Quordle, peek at the forums. Then, get on with my day’s activities, chores or whatever.
So, most days I am. #3.

life is what happens to you when you’re busy googling it.

1 Like