IMG_9822 (2)

Also the Horse Chestnut and the Cherry.

IMG_9826 (2)

pretty in pink

9 Likes

Beautiful photos !

1 Like

Thank you very much.

@LionQueen - Queenie - if you can use these in your card making - feel free!

1 Like

A lovely reminder of Spring, Silver Tabby, now to cast my clout … or maybe wait until tomorrow because it’s still a wee bit chill out there. Beautiful photos though.

1 Like

Thank you, Margaret.

The May is not fully out down yer, so the clout will not be cast yet.

1 Like

Yes, I was thinking about that on Saturday when I was out on my bike. I was specifically looking to see if the May blossom was out. There was some about, but not everywhere. I felt a bit cheated, really, as I found it necessary to wear more clouts than I had the week before, when it was warmer, despite no blossom being out. :cold_face:

1 Like

Very pretty Tabby.
I do love to see the colours and petals of different flowers.

1 Like

Wots a clout…?

Cloth , i.e. coat , jacket , its an old saying reminding us its still chilly here in the UK

1 Like

Gorgeous photos @SilverTabby - the Hawthorn is not out up here yet and there’s still a chill in the air, so I haven’t cast many clouts yet! :smiley:

1 Like

I love to see the trees in blossom at this time of the year.

Pretty photos, Tabby :grinning:

1 Like

In the context of this thread, a “clout” would mean an item of clothing. Thus, to “cast a clout”, would mean to reduce the amount of clothing worn, in response to warmer weather. One could also “drop one’s clouts”, but that has different connotations. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So, when I was a kid and my mum said she was going to give me a clout round the ear, she was really going to give me an item of clothing especially made for the lugole…

@Harbal@Primus1 … or a sexy loincloth. :yum:

1 Like