NASA tracks a newly discovered asteroid that has a ‘small chance’ of hitting Earth in 2046

NASA is monitoring an asteroid that could hit Earth on Valentine’s Day 2046. It has a 1 in 625 chance of hitting Earth. They say there’s no cause for alarm since they just discovered it, and risks have not been fully assessed.

I doubt many of us will be around to witness what happens. Hopefully they will nudge it on its way if it gets too close

2 Likes

So the size of a swimming pool? That would have quite an impactI guess, depends where it lands

I suppose they’ll monitor and may try to deflect it if they can?

A long time yet but the world can change a lot in that time

2 Likes

Just imagine trying to find a tasteful apocalyptic valentines card in Clintons…the very thought!!

3 Likes

That is a worry, it might interfere with my telegram from the Queen/King

1 Like

They probably wont be here then :laughing:

1 Like

Goodness … this has just given me incentive to try and live a healthier and longer longer longer life … it would be something to see if it hit Earth wouldn’t it.

1 Like

This is gonna ruin anybody’s Wednesday afternoon!

Well, I did wonder, the way the world’s going, who and what will still be around to see it or do anything about it?

I always think the same now when people announce long term plans for anything

Ah well, perhaps HS2 will be finished by then….but I doubt it!

Small mercies, at least the temporary traffic lights (14 months in reality) have been removed. :smiley:

1 Like