My Tropical Fish

Hi

Got some more on Tuesday, just starting to stock up my 6 foot Amazonian Tank.

Just now had another check, it has been literally murder in there.

One of the loaches has killed the other two and I saw it finishing off one of thenew tetras.

2 Likes

Nice one Swim! Please post pics when you’re ready to show it all off :003:

Now that captured my interest what type of Biotope are you running? Do you have any other setups used to love my tanks.

1 Like

@swimfeeders Where are the pictures then Swimmy :slightly_smiling_face:
No good telling us about the size of your tank if we can’t see it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I still have to put our Fish Tank up yet, we want to get all the House sorted out first, then we will do our Fish Tank, we have all the equipment ready.
We will be buying, Guppys, Neons, Platys, Red Tail Sharks etc. the normal stuff.

1 Like

I love looking at fish … but not the cleaning of them.
My father had marine aquatic fish in a huge tank and they were both absolutely beautiful and fascinating.

1 Like

We also had Marine Fish, a long time ago now, in the 90s, they are lovely but very expensive to buy and we lost some of our after just 2 weeks. Also you have to get the temperature right and the Salt, its hard work.

1 Like

Hi

Some photos of my new set up, it has along way to go yet

The photos were taken by Rhiannon, the student, she is teaching me how to take photos.

It is tropical, much easier to manage than my marine tank.

It is 6ft long, 500 litres, the marine was 1140 litres.

2 Likes

Looks great Swims, my ex husband was right into Tropical Fish he had 2 tanks. One around 4 foot was a peaceful mixed tank with all the fish getting on together. The other one was a very different story, it was a 6 footer and only had 2 fish, great big black Oscars who I named Bash n Smash…Cos that’s what the pair loved to do. They uprooted the big Amazon Swords and bunches of fern like plants even though they were weighed down, they managed to move the rocks around too. I was sorting it out one day and one of them tried to eat my blooming arm. I was so glad when he sold that pair of vandals.

1 Like

That’s a really nice-looking setup Swimmy.
:023:
I like fish but I hate cleaning them out, a hangover from younger days when my parents kept first tropical and in later years marine tropical fish.

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for that Zaphod.

Water changes will be once a month, cleaning once every 3 months.

The advantages of being a scientist.

I have a huge eheim filter at the moment and just maturing a homemade fluidised bed filter at the moment.

The pair will allow me to have 200 small fish in the tank with no issues.

2 Likes

200?
Two hundred?
:icon_eek:
And I used to grumble about cleaning out half a dozen shubunkins!
:rofl:

1 Like

Hi

Yep, it all depends on your filters and type of fish.

You also have to wait until your filters are mature.

Technically I could run to 500 fish , but that would be stupid.

2 Likes

Clown loathes? They can be very aggressive, especially if they don’t have places to hide, like rock caves etc. They are very territorial fish.

1 Like

Hi

No not clown loaches.

Far to big for my new set up.

1 Like

Your tank looks great Swimmers. What is that Red Plant called, I might buy one myself. I like Red Tail Sharks.

2 Likes

Wow that tank is awesome! :023:

The fish tanks we had when I was a kid were tiny compared to that :lol:

Hi

I must be doing something right.

The Black Widow Tetras spawned as a group today, lovely to see.

There was a feeding frenzy underneath them as all the other fish hoovered up the eggs.

1 Like

Looking good, Swimmy. Are they as relaxing to watch as everyone says?

Any photos Ian?