My new favorite song - what's yours?

Do you not keep weapons in a locked environment in the Uk as from what I remember a certificate are only issued to the skilled…

yes Pablo Nutini has a few gems…worth listening to…

nite nite…

I can’t really be doing with singers that wear a pained expression when they sing, as if their soul is being torn apart. It’s only a song, for God’s sake! :102:

I don’t keep weapons in any environment, Dianne. I’m an unarmed man.

I don’t believe in weapons. I’m a country boy. Grew up in East Texas. So guns were part of the culture. As was hunting. When I was 10 I shot a squirrel, and had to watch it die. I was so ashamed I’ve never held a gun since.

Another point about singers, is that why do they all try to sound like americans? They drawl out their words an a new york accent when singing! I find that a bit annoying and unnecessary. :shock:

That’s a great song, thanks for posting Danny. I saw him performing in my local city 14 years ago, what a great concert that was!

I had a similar experience with an air rifle and a skylark. I am averse to killing even the most insignificant of creatures these days. I have, as it happens, killed two flies this week, which is very unusual for me. In my defence; they did push me to the limit.

What really gets on my nerves -and this mostly happens with very well known artists and very well known songs- is when they stop singing and point their microphone towards the audience and encourage them to take over by performing a beckoning motion with their arms. :roll:

Yes, and the audience bellow the lyrics back very untunefully. It would be amusing if they stayed silent, and the oh-so-famous singer was left a bit bemused :smiley:

Good as I feel Safe with you, now… actually…
:lol:

You were always safe with me, Dianne, even if you didn’t know it. :001:

Ok on that,how nice you are today…well at this second I should hasten to add. Danny does not know you two hooliguns as yet…sure as will do when he returns…red faced and likely shooting flames…well Danny when you see this message…you’ll know what one has to contend with on ‘here’…just do what I do, turn the other cheek…facewise of course…:023:

Shake it babe…:smiley:

Ah, not so bad as hooligans are they? Seem pretty tamed to me considering other forums (which actually contain real bullies). the kind that strive on creating tension and unrest. Me I’m way to laid back to be bothered easily. Once at a Homeless Shelter in Atlanta, GA, I was conducting an audit, which put me in the office, where all the security monitors were located. While working I noticed a man getting attacked. I called police. Everyone in the office and all the clients ran outside. I sat back put my feet up and made a copy of the security tape for the Police. My boss walked in and saw me, he said “A guy just got stabbed, and you’re so relaxed I’m tended to check you for a pulse.” I smiled and pointed at the monitor which showed around 70 people outside including nearly every employee. I said what can I do out there that they aren’t doing. Police arrived I gave them the tape. The guy who got stabbed was ok. Dealing with situations like this at several shelters though out the southeast. It’s really hard to rattle my cage.;-);-):wink:

That is the kind of incidents I know of through acquaintances of mine. Ham myself to crossed paths with a lot of American chatter…Living like that is scary to me, mostly my life has been in a calm environment, well since leaving home for sure…now even quieter here in rural France, the area of Deux Sevres it is without doubt all farms and tractors (just a few mad older people on the roads to hell, by the way they drive)
Would not change much. miss the sea mostly…