My little corner

Had some of ours already and they never disappoint…no flavour like home grown can match shop bought ones…some are turning yellow so will dig them up tomorrow and see what is occuring…Have grown them in potato sacks and was pretty successful, but with so much space in this garden, in the ground for us…
carrots not much luck with them…or parsnips… Tomatoes though are easy just about anywhere…can make your own Tomato sauces and freeze them with the surplus…bolognese and lasagna need a good tasty sauce…
Maybe have a go at Tomatoes Carol, if you like them…you can get some instructions if you fancy growing them next spring…Your potatoes in the tubs look big enough, but sure your let us all know…

I planted then a few inches from the bottom of the pot & as they grew I added more compost.

I found how to do it on on YouTube.:slight_smile:

I don’t like tomatoes & yes I’ll let you know know the potatoes turn out. :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s how I planted mine too. Fingers crossed.

New raised veg bed, my back decided it was time to raise the old veg bed up
A before and after

And very nice it looks too

It looks good Vlad :023:

Thanks all, IRA just one part of my garden revamp…

Yay!!

My first harvest. These are the trial ones I planted in a plant pot. Better than I expected.

I’m going to wait another week or so before I harvest the ones in my big tubtrugs.

Can’t wait for dinner tonight. :slight_smile:

https://i.postimg.cc/k5s782Gq/spuds.jpg

They look lovely Carol.

Thanks Dex.

I tossed them in butter & they were lovely.:slight_smile:

Can’t beat home grown spuds…a little mint whilst cooking and a good knob of butter…just makes a meal very tasty…

Grew some in a few buckets a couple of years ago. So much nicer when they’re pretty much from soil to mouth within a few short hours, as you well know, Carol. :slight_smile:

Might grow some more next year.

very nice Carol. What variety are these? Lovely trivet too.

They were just some old supermarket potatoes that were sprouting so I decided to plant them.

I can’t believe my luck!:slight_smile:

Ah yes I need some mint. I haven’t got any but I’m going to get some. The next lot will be minted.:slight_smile:

grow some in a pot even…stops it taken over the flower beds…

I’m impressed Carol…I’m.going to have a go at growing them next year I bet they tasted very good.

Yes Diane that’s what I’m going to do - grow it in pots.:slight_smile:

I know mint is very invasive…

Yes have a go Summer. It’s so unbelievably easy. :slight_smile: