My Hibiscus taken today

Thanks everyone for you lovely comments and I have to say I love the sense of humour of the men on here! … don’t ever lose it! :rofl:

1 Like

@pauline3 The flowers last a bit longer than a day Pauline and there are continuous buds for a few months on the tree. :grinning:

2 Likes

@Mags , it must be a Hybrid then Mags, as I have read a Hibiscus flower only lasts a day.

Hybrids last as few days…beautiful flowers one of my favourite,:grinning:

1 Like

I used to be very fond of Hibiscus (national flower of Malaysia) and grew a variety of them. For some reason I fell out with them and now have none, personally I used to prefer the double variety rather than the singles.

Same thing happened with Camelias, again I now have none since my tea plants died in the last drought.

Fabulous Mags
I used to live in the tropics and had in May garden what was called a ‘blushing hibiscus ‘
It came out white then slowly turn red .
Great for a dinner party you picked it in the morning when it was white and put it in the fridge .
When you brought it out for the table in the evening it would turn colour before your eyes .

1 Like

Very beautiful flowering plant Mags.
It looks very healthy too.

1 Like

Thank you @Muddy.

Your “blushing hibiscus’ sounds lovely, I would love to have one which changes colour. :grinning:

Thank you Bratti :slightly_smiling_face: I always look forward to its flowering time when it is at its best.

1 Like

I’m wondering if they grow in my planting zone.
That’s something I shall research ‘cause I really quite fancy them :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like