My Fridge Shelf Is Jammed. Any Ideas How To Get The Shelf Out?

Sort of but there’s more.

LT, St Agur blue cheese is lovely isn’t it? :slight_smile: I like it on sea salt crackers, even better with a glass of nice red wine!

See you shortly!

Mags, Yes, l was requested to tell… but by only one member.
I presumed no one else was interested so l left it!

You’ve got a long journey! :lol:

Talk about intrigued to know the answer to this conundrum.
But there’s more? :confused: :slight_smile:

Seventy-five posts now, it might just make the 100 any time soon! :slight_smile:

Ok this is what l did, it’s so simple really.

I turned off the fridge as TedC advised.
I then used vegetable oil to grease the side of the glass shelf and the protrusion where l wanted to get the shelf over.

With an old fashioned flat bladed dinner knife, l eased the blade between the glass and the ridge of the plastic protrusion to make a straight side.

I then firmly and systematically bumped the glass up over the blade. I had to use all my strength as it kept slipping back down. I was also scared that l might break the glass and lose my hand!

Anyway, after a few hard bumps, it moved into a position where l could get it out and put it where l should have put it in the first place.

I nearly had that correct then! Personally I always use washing-up liquid for anything like that, it washes off easily. A rolled-up towel or similar would perhaps have alleviated some of the worries about damaging your hand.

Now it’s sorted and also gave members the chance to exercise their brains, me included in that! Only one final comment to make – good you got it ‘sorted’, don’t do it again! :wink: :slight_smile:

Brute force will out then Artangel - well done.

Sounds like brute force that got it jammed in the first place :shock: :smiley:

Remains a bit of a mystery to me how you managed to get it in in the first place. Removal should surely have been the reversal of insertion.

Exactly Pixie !!
Hamfisted is the correct word ??
But very enjoyable listening to a bunch of wimmin explaining
something so simple !!

Donkeyman!

Please don’t ask me to do an ‘action replay’ to explain precisely how it happened!
It’s been like it since May and l had just got used to it but then that’s not facing the problem… hence my question to you all.

I think maybe at the time, l tried to get it into the adjacent groove by forcing it?

I thought you’d be impressed by my strength! :lol:
I am so strong, l bet l could beat any of the men on here in an arm wrestle!!

Awe, go on, be a sport.

All you need to do is set up a you tube account, upload a video from your phone and download it to here.

Hardly much to ask for.

After all, what else would you want to do with your free time?

Oh! Donkeyman, I could sue you for being so…so…chauvinistic! Patronising, Genderist, how very dare you!! :smiley:

Think it’s been said elsewhere recently…treat 'em mean and keep 'em keen :wink:

:038::038:

What do you think my surname is? Hitchcock? :lol:

Thank You! Aerolor.
I am a very determined person and l won’t give up without a good try!!