More Aid for Ukraine

More help for Ukraine

The Australian PM, Scotty from Marketing, has pledged to help support Ukraine.

A shipment of at least 70,000 tonnes of thermal coal will be donated to the Ukrainian government, after a request for supplies to keep coal-fired power generators in the country operating.

Conversely, Australian exports of alumina, bauxite and other aluminium ores to Russia have been banned.

Around 20 per cent of Russia’s alumina imports come from Australia. It is used to create aluminium for export and in a wide variety of industrial processes.

Scotty has also allowed Ukrainians in Australia to apply for temporary protection visas. The temporary humanitarian visas will allow Ukrainians who have already arrived in Australia to stay for up to three years with the ability to work, study and access Medicare.

Around 5,000 Ukrainians have been granted visas to travel to Australia, including skilled migrant and family reunion visas, as well as student and tourist visas.

1 Like

Yes, the world is certainly rallying and coming together to help Ukraine. I’ve never known anything like it. Our government are paying people to open up their homes and so many are taking them in.

4 Likes

That’s more like ‘applied’ to offer a room or two. There are many checks first to make sure each home will be suitable with an emphasis on the householders.

We’ve been out shopping for building supplies recently and couldn’t help notice that cashiers are asking for donations to help Ukraine. Of course we always donate.

I had to look the rest up

https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2022/02/22/canada-announces-support-address-situation-ukraine

We are welcoming Ukrainians to live and work here for up to 3 years. It’s called emergency immigration

1 Like

Any UK resident with room to spare can register their interest via this link.
Homes for Ukraine: register your interest - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

1 Like

I believe Canada is short of lorry drivers …

1 Like

We do the best we can. Apparently we have a ship called HMCS halifax in Poland that’s hooking up with some NATO task force. They are there to offer humanitarian aid .

Yes! Right! Truck drivers. Sometimes I’m lost from lack of translation.

Here’s what happened here.
During the pandemic, the truck drivers were viewed as heroes. They kept working as usually delivering supplies etc. When restrictions were introduced for those not vaccinated, they aggressively protested and it got violent and backfired.

Now many of them refuse to drive. It’s a shame.
I have a theory but will leave it as is.

1 Like