Money to charity instead of Christmas cards?

Ha Ha…That is my uniform…Regulation shirt, top and shorts…(but I did shorten the shorts a bit)
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

It’s about one’s philosophy on giving and helping. My own view is to only give to charities that help vulnerable people in very poor countries. There’s not many and not much wealth where they are to help them. Whereas there are many and much wealth in the UK to help those in need here.

2 Likes

I give to two charities abroad .
One is the Anita Goulden home for disabled children in Peru .
This amazing woman lived 40 years in Peru caring for the children no one wanted .

https://www.anitagoulden.org/about-us/

The other is the Brooke hospital for Horses which cares for poor horses and donkeys who slave in the Middle East and the sub continent .

The other charities are in the U.K. .
They only thing is I wish some of them wouldn’t send me junk .
It’s just wasting money they are preaching to the converted .

1 Like

I’m just a poor pensioner and I can’t help the rest of the world and it’s problems Lincs.
I leave that to the rich people like you who are the ones who hoard money and could make a real difference.

I have asked all my friends hundreds of them to not send xmas cards this year to me - just money - thank you that’s what real friends are all about!!

1 Like

That simply does not make any sense. Regardless of where a charitable gift goes it will always be true that one single donation won’t be enough to change anything. Your gifts to local charities will always need others to be giving in order to make a difference. Unless you’re gifting on the scale of Carnegie or Gates then it is always about lots of people each giving a little. This is true for UK charity work or overseas charity work.
And please do not accuse me of hoarding money. That was an unnecessary and nasty accusation. It was also wrong in the same way your claim that I’m rich was wrong. You are not getting a lot right at the moment, are you?

1 Like

I can’t equate the buying of Christmas cards with donating to charity. You’d be lucky if 2p/card gets there.

Well if may be so bold, if you didn’t waste your money sending it around the world on lost causes, you would have ended up better off than you are now…
:sunglasses:

How do you know where any donations I have made went to and the benefits they supported? And the chances are that I’d have spent the money I donated - it was hardly a fortune anyway. So I think you are wrong yet again, I would not now be better off. Your argument would work for Bill Gates but its a poor argument as he is doing so much good with his riches.

1 Like

That is debatable Lincs…Bill Gates is doing so much good for Bill Gates and the rest of the controlling WEF…

I can easily imagine you, were you around in the 19th century, deriding Carnegie’s generosity. Most probably you’d publicly denounce his libraries and refuse to enter one in case the books in them would brainwash you or something. I worry that you’d place Carnegie amongst some shadowy (and imagined) group of the world’s wealthy. Call it some sort of protocol…
I’m only going by your paranoid about Gates. Just because he’s giving away billions and trying to rid the world of deadly diseases.

1 Like

George Soros is another huge philanthropist .

We agree, finally.
And another victim of dumb conspiracy theories. Those that peddle these lies should have a word with themselves. After all they are trying to demonize people who care and give.

1 Like