Michael Spencer and Inheritance Tax

You need to get a good solicitor.
My sons relieved part of their inheritance some years ago so avoiding the 7 year clause. I also wanted to see them enjoying it.

2 Likes

We used an inheritance adviser. Nearly everything in place, and although it cost a few quid, it’ll pay back in terms of lower probate and IHT when the time comes.

2 Likes

@Dextrous63 , Good luck on that Dex, Fanks for the uvver info too??
Praps we should encrypt eh ? :+1::grin::grin::+1:

So lets say the average homeowner has an estate totaling £500,000…They will pay inheritance taxed at 40% on £175,000…= £70,000 That will leave the kids with £430,000 that they never had…Although most of the working classes who live here don’t live in half a million pound houses and a second hand motor will only be worth 10 grand if your lucky.

Do you think people who live in the south don’t work ?

No not proper work Muddy…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Oh come off it Foxy you are not at the pit face are you ?
Nor is anyone up there - there aren’t any pits !
So you lot do the same work for the same pay but get cheaper houses .

1 Like

It’s a good thing for the super rich. They have not raised thresholds deliberately because they cream off the hard word of those who are not super rich. Meanwhile the super rich can afford to structure their tax affairs to remove their estate from the reach of the taxman. It’s easier to feed off the small fry than the big fish.

4 Likes

Exactly … :+1:

1 Like

It’s all relative though isn’t it…
A poor Yorkshire bloke who is only just a few grand over the limit will will only be paying a small amount. While the rich geezer who left £10 million will have to cough up somewhere in the region of £3,870000…sounds fair to me…

1 Like

The poor Yorkshire bloke leaves ten grand subject to IHT to his two children .
Of that the government takes £4000 leaving £3000 each to each child .
Why should the government get more than his children ?

1 Like

@Muddy , The poor Yorkshire bloke should not have to pay anything at all !!
It’s a disgrace that the state demands that he does ! and snacks of stealing
pennies from a beggars cup !!
The threshold should be raised to at least £2 million ?? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Well he would have to have £335 k to leave.
So his house was perhaps a baronial Yorkshire mansion ?

They don’t pay millions. They have complex financial arrangements so they don’t have to. Advice and organisation of such arrangements is out of reach of the average person.

2 Likes

Ah yes Muddy, but the bloke has also left £325000 that is not taxable… So in effect…he left half of £325,000 to each child…= £162,500 plus the 3 grand after tax of the ten grand…
Making a total of £165,500 to each child…Sounds like a very savvy Yorkshire bloke to me.

Thought they all lived in a shoe box in the middle of the road in Yorkshire ?

2 Likes

Cardboard shoebox? Luxury, lass.

1 Like

Ee bah gum
This looks champion .

3 Likes

That’ll do.

Very expensive in Leyburn Muddy, all the southerners buy houses up there…You could probably get that house in Doncaster for £200,000