Met this fellow today

Cheeky bugger decided to have a go at me. First time I ever had a squirrel chase after me.

Funny as hell all 10oz. of him!

4 Likes

Like the top picture, Danny.
Mind though, as they can give a nasty bite, seriously. Much like a rat bite.

We had one we rescued as a baby years ago, and he used to sleep in my husband’s old coat pocket. When he grew up though, he panicked once and bit clean through my husbands thumb nail into the flesh.

2 Likes

Squirrels in my neck of the woods are ruddy nuisances as they have a penchant for pulling lead flashings away from buildings allowing rain penetration. I’ve resorted to replacing with aluminium where practical and having the lead fixed more permenately where aluminium is not viable.

1 Like

I think squirrels are a rodent aren’t they? same teeth as a rat.

3 Likes

He was probably after your NUTS Danny lol :smiley:

3 Likes

I know they’re a pest but I can’t help loving ‘em, so cute
And this ones got attitude too ……

What did you do to annoy him, were you taking his photo without his permission?

What a diva!

Lovely photos :+1:

2 Likes

Kevin the Squirrel!

2 Likes

Or Tyson Fury :chipmunk: :boxing_glove:

2 Likes

I usually like squirrels but am sick of them this year since they discovered the back garden as well as the front and have been digging up my Iris and garlic bulbs while burying horse chestnuts which require bigger holes than the usual acorns.

Tired of chasing them off, I have now covered the areas containing newly planted bulbs with staked netting.

2 Likes

Did you manage to get away since your knee is still healing?

1 Like

I get the same problem every year Meg.
I’ve had to cover most of the pots and tubs with bits of wire too.
Fed up with getting up every morning to find compost strewn all over the place.

2 Likes

Yes it just tickled the devil out me that he kept following me around, and if I took a step toward him he would run at me and stop about 5 inches from my shoe then run away.
whats-driving-you-nuts-squirrel-meme

1 Like

Must have been a ‘she’ not a ‘he’

:grin:

1 Like

More like he was guarding his secret nut hoard, and warning you off them.

2 Likes