Meghan Markle endorsed for White House run by major Democrat activist as she tops new poll

Meghan Markle has long been rumoured to hold political aspirations, and her hopes may be one step closer to being realised as a major political activist has backed her to run for the White House.

President Biden’s sister Valerie has reportedly endorsed her as a potential candidate, and she has also topped a poll in which Democrats were asked which women they would vote for.

Since moving to Montecito with her husband Prince Harry and their young family there has been speculation that Meghan could run for a political position such as the Governor of California.

However, US polling experts have claimed the fact that Meghan is even being suggested as a possibility shows that the “choices the Democrats have are not great”.

Excuse me while I … :rofl:

I’d give her one…

(a vote I mean)

This announcement makes me laugh. I happen to like Meghan for her independent and focused spirit in most of her aspirations.

So many Brits have only derogatory comments about her for Harry’s choice to move to the states. These tags are what would make her a viable choice for a political candidate: stubborn, pushy, nasty, an actress, making people bend to her will, confident, weaving the truth to become what she wants…
It sounds like a potential politician to me. See what I mean? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Politicians are just ugly actors,she would make a nice change

Exactly…

1 Like

wouldn’t it be marvellous if she eventually became madam president and met the King of UK on equal terms and told him to b…r off!! - I wonder if Harry would let her do it or she would just look him steally in the eye and say " Hi buddy - can ya spare a dime"!!

1 Like

All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players. So the saying goes.

As long as It’s me again Markle is over there and not over here …she can have the starring roll .

2 Likes

Reagan was said to be good looking in his day.

1 Like

Hunter has more chance of winning.

What makes me laugh is the way the media create a story out of nothing more than someone giving an opinion in answer to a question someone has asked them - then everybody starts talking about it as if it’s really happening. :rofl:

As far as I can tell, Meghan has never said she is running for President and it doesn’t look as if anybody asked her about it before publishing the story in the media - so it’s just another speculative non-story, really.

If Meghan announces she is running for President, then that would be a story.

1 Like

Meghan Markle came in joint first place alongside Vice President Kamala Harris, also on 25 percent.

Hilary Clinton, who lost the US election to Donald Trump in 2016, was next with 22 per cent.

18 per cent backed congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, while six percent voted for Senator Elizabeth Warren. Four percent voted for the other option or were not sure.

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/meghan-markles-political-ambitions-laid-bare-after-document-reveals-duchess-paid-michelle-obamas-express-secretary-165k/news-story/e11c7525931ab1795d803f6f002aacb3

The revelation is part of a trove of Archewell foundation financial documents released for the year 2021, which show the Sussexes made payments to the public relations agency of Katie McCormick Lelyveld. Ms Lelyveld began working for the former first lady in 2007 a year before Barack Obama was elected as president and left near the end of his first term in 2011. Overall, the Sussexes paid Ms Lelyveld about (USD)$110,000 or (AUD)$165,000 for “strategic support for social impact PR”.

The political power player has also worked with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and 2004 Democratic nominee for President John Kerry.

Of course, the payment may have been for advice about curtains … :man_shrugging:

Sarky! :rofl:

I don’t doubt that Meghan may have political ambitions but that is not the same thing as deciding to run for President - there’s other political appointments that someone may choose to start with.

If Meghan confirms she is running for President, I’ll take some notice - until then, it’s just speculation in my book.

1 Like

As an actress she is a convincing professional liar by demand of the script writers, so she is well suited to a new role as a politician.

1 Like

Wait. . . is this old news being raked up by a tabloid for clickbait?

Valerie Biden’s endorsement was in May 2022.

Polls about unlikely candidates are put out all the time. Michelle Obama and Oprah generally lead those. Both have declared unwillingness to run.

On a quick search, this non-story is getting no play in US media.

However, Suits has been getting some attention as it’s topping the charts since it moved to Netflix. Meghan might be getting some royalties there.

4 Likes

Probably, but who’d have thought that a previously “unlucky” actress would get a big break in a TV series, meet and marry a Prince then become a Duchess … :man_shrugging:

After her junior year at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, she secured an internship in 2000 as a junior press officer at the American embassy in Buenos Aires, with the help of her uncle Michael Markle, and considered a political career. However, she did not score high enough in the Foreign Service Officer Test to proceed further with the US State Department and returned to NU.

If Trump did it anyone can!