Man Killed by Kangaroo

What do they taste like? :upside_down_face:

Be cautious tho - their wild instincts will remain and they’ll be unpredictable.

Domestication occurs over many generations, where they will usually take the ‘friendliest’ out of a litter and breed them with other friendly animals and keep doing that until the animals are the temperament they want. I believe the Russians experimented with this - as well as the opposite, where they selected the most aggressive - they wanted to create a weapon, but they found they could not control the resulting animals at all. Serves them right :lol:

Edit: I ‘think’ this might be it:

This is going back to the 1960s when I was working as a telephone technician for the PMG out in the bush often we were far from a homestead or town so we would camp out. We carried a rifle and sometimes used to shoot our evening meal, (spotlighting) often rabbit occasionally a wallaby (it was legal then) or a razorback feral pig the remainder of the carcass was left for the dingoes.

On one occasion I shot a fox, even when it was cooking it smelled disgusting and tasted likewise, I can only describe it as rank, quite inedible the whole meal including veggies was thrown away. It took a lot of scrubbing to get the smell out of the cast iron camp oven - that was very bad for the pot something you would normally never do.

It is a mistake you only made once.

That is true, but we could say the same about other people! Every living creature wants an easier life, so may harm or kill to achieve what they want. An animal can’t always understand human actions so may attack, but sadly humans are able to deceive & harm their own species & will often kill to avoid being caught & punished!

Hi

The local dangerous wildlife around here ride electric scooters.

I would not have one as a pet.

1 Like

I have eaten kangaroo years ago, it was quite rich and filling as I remember. I have no idea where my mum would have got it from. It’s not the kind of thing you stumble upon on the supermarket shelves these days let alone during the late 70’s.

one of my mother-in-laws used to love cooking ‘roo tail soup’ few years back you could buy them locally at smaller retailers often italians actually - must admit it was a tasty soup but not a lot of meat in it! It’s qualities were explained at the time but that was long ago!!

these are readily obtainable either by purchase on on utube I believe- the big roo who used to chase him he had found as a baby on a road kill incidence were the mothers are often run down but the babies in the pouches survive. so this guy had a very long and close relationship with the big red but it still would have made mince meat out of him

1 Like

Whatever happened to Lion Queen?
Am I allowed to ask?
If not, please delete my post or just ignore it

She was last seen on 13 Sep '22, so I can only guess she has left the forum for some unexplained reason.

1 Like

That’s too bad.
I liked her and hope she hadn’t gotten really sick.
Thank you. :pray:

1 Like

I saw this thread and assumed the Kanga had felled another victim!! :icon_surprised:

The 13th Sept 2022 was a Tuesday, not a Friday, so, odds are she’s Ok.
Bots don’t seem to mind mentioning previous members, AI ain’t so bad :grin:

I was nearly mauled once - been out night shooting on fast driven utes with two men in the tray - one on spotlight other on rifle. As dawn broke we finished and I was asked to skin andprepare some meat for breakie. As i did so suddenly the kanga jumped up at me clawing at my face and snapping. I unashamable sceamed stabbing it violently in the chest. Others came running and said "oh he’s got a reflexer - [reflex action after death - it you hit the right nerve it makes em jump up and claw ya!! - s…t happens at dawn sometimes??

re members going missing, it can happen suddenly and without warning. No explanation given to you or those you leave behind. It’s happened to me and I live in fear.

could the same thing occur if you were meeting daily at the same coffee shop for a drink and a yarn with a few mates [gender neutral]?

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. I just saw Lion Queens post and wondered when and why she left. Not that it’s any of my business. I hope she’s ok.

About the topic; In my opinion I think it’s a bad idea to try and raise a wild animal. It’s not fair to the animal and not fair to the person trying to do it. They will always be wild animals no matter how much you try and domesticate them.

people come and go happens all the time - I’ve seen LionQueen on another forum and she looks quite happy? In fact I keep bumping into posters from 6 other forums that keep moving around - sticking to one forum is not necessarily the new trend these days - they are all competing for leverage!!

1 Like

Resulting in leaver-age? :icon_wink: