LongDriver's profile content explained

Following several questions regarding some of the wording within my forum profile, I thought an open explanation would be far easier than answering individuals who are curious.

My profile has additional wording as follows:-

“You’re blessed when you meet Lady Wisdom, when you make friends with Madame Insight. She’s worth far more than money in the bank; her friendship is better than a big salary. Her value exceeds all the trappings of wealth; nothing you could wish for holds a candle to her. With one hand she gives long life, with the other she confers recognition. Her manner is beautiful, her life wonderfully complete. She’s the very Tree of Life to those who embrace her. Hold her tight—and be blessed!”
For the inquisitive, these words are an adaption from Solomon’s Proverbs 3rd section, The Ketuvim, and also from the Christian Bible Proverbs 3:13-23 :point_down:

13 You’re blessed when you meet Lady Wisdom, when you make friends with Madame Insight.

14 She’s worth far more than money in the bank; her friendship is better than a big salary.

15 Her value exceeds all the trappings of wealth; nothing you could wish for holds a candle to her.

16 With one hand she gives long life, with the other she confers recognition.

17 Her manner is beautiful, her life wonderfully complete.

18 She’s the very Tree of Life to those who embrace her. Hold her tight - and be blessed!

19 With Lady Wisdom, God formed Earth; with Madame Insight, he raised Heaven.

20 They knew when to signal rivers and springs to the surface, and dew to descend from the night skies. Never Walk Away

21 Dear friend, guard Clear Thinking and Common Sense with your life; don’t for a minute lose sight of them.

22 They’ll keep your soul alive and well, they’ll keep you fit and attractive.

23 You’ll travel safely, you’ll neither tire nor trip.

5 Likes

Personally having just read your profile. I find it interesting, but it doesn’t leave me curious about anything, except your exact height. Which to be honest really not that curious. Having interacted with you I know you to be a decent chap and really that’s the profile I care about. Don’t know about any one else.
The quote is spot on. :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Oh yes this rings true I so wish I had the wisdom I now have when I was 16 my life would have been easier I believe .

I love the wisdom I have now . I love the insight I now recognise. If only

2 Likes

I was researching the Tree of Life recently. I was interested to find that it’s a powerful symbol in pretty much all religions.

2 Likes

What about Miss Whiplash, remember her? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tree of Life

Covered

2 Likes

Oh, well you obviously do :wink::+1:

1 Like

I enjoy reading your posts LD :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Life’s just a mystery to me… :thinking:

1 Like