Long lost Family - Foundlings

We filled in quite a lot of the form then my brother decided to ring the firm concerned to see if we could get more details of the deceased person as we didn’t recognise the name.

He was told that it seems that our mother was married to this man! She then said the name of our “mother” and it was not her. My brother said “I don’t think so.” The name wasn’t even anything like my Mum’s. She apologised profusely and said one of the researchers must have picked up a wrong connection somewhere along the line.

So no huge inheritance for us!:cry:

Makes me wonder if it was a Scam , they would need your bank details for a money deposit…

Definitely not a scam. We checked them out and have also seen them on the TV programme Heir Hunters.

1 Like

I think there is a huge difference between biological parents, and actual parents. Coming from a dysfunctional family, I know my biological parents are vastly different from the influences I had in my life to make me who I am today. I have no issue with IVF, or gay people raising families. “Blood” means nothing in terms of being raised to be a good person in society. It’s only good for checking inherited illness or disease. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes