Liz Truss vs Boris Johnson

Another video that popped up on TikTok highlighting the differences between Truss and Johnson…

Boris: raises corporation tax from 20% to 25%
Truss: cuts corporation tax from 25% to 19%

See the rest here:

The only reports here are that the IMF have told her, “You’re a f**king looney if you reduce taxes”. Plus reports that the British pound is heading toward parity with the US$

It’s certainly not looking good Bruce!

We should start a thread where everyone can place their bets on when we’ll see the next general election :081:

I’m trying to work out which currency to use to place my bet to maximise it being worth anything if I win this quasi spot-the-ballsup competition your planning @Azz. :wink:

2 Likes

Do they still call early elections in the UK? Here they get punished for that, people don’t like voting more often than necessary, every three years for a federal parliament is quite enough.

The state government extended their term to 4 years by getting the support of a minor party who stipulated a fixed four year term. So the next election is on the fourth Saturday in March 2023. No early elections for the NSW State Government.

1 Like

The old system of the Prime Minister being able to request an early election, with permission of the monarch, was stopped when they introduced the Fixed Term Parliament Act (FTPA) in 2011.

However, during Johnson’s time as Prime Minister, he overturned that legislation with a new Dissolution and Calling of Parliament Act, which put things back to the old ways - so we are back to the PM being able to call a General Election when it suits them best.

Elections will still have to be held no more than five years apart, but the timing of elections can be otherwise determined by the prime minister.
The Conservatives committed to repealing the FTPA in their 2019 manifesto, arguing that the FTPA was responsible for the parliamentary deadlock that happened over Brexit in 2019.

1 Like

This popped up in my Youtube feed.

Everything in the UK is shit.

1 Like