Liz Truss Belongs In The Kitchen, Not In Politics?

Come on Annie, how many times have we watched a convincing video clip of people who seem to be saying things that they are not really saying. Mouth manipulation. It’s even worse when the speaker is having to be interpreted because they are speaking in a foreign language.
Most of these illusions are created by amateur internet geeks…Imagine how good they would be if the BBC or MSM did them. We know it’s possible.The BBC and MSM are the tail of the dog controlled by the establishment. Not necessarily the government, but something altogether more powerful.

That’s easy to say but where was all this amazing support at election time? … one has to get elected as an MP before one gets a sniff at becoming PM and Farage never had enough support to manage that, never mind get to be Leader of a Party with enough elected MPs to form a Parliamentary majority.
Farage has stood for election to the House of Commons seven times, in five general elections and two by-elections but has not won any of those elections.

1 Like

If you are still talking about the offensive comments directed at Truss by the Russian TV presenters, then I must say that judging from their facial expressions and body language, it did not look as though their comments were meant to be humorous!

The media to blame in this instance is surely the Russian media who broadcast this drivel in the first place - those presenters were using insulting terminology to provoke a reaction too.
Pfft!

2 Likes

Hi

The Russians meant it, the are old school.

Nasty pieces of work, best treated with contempt

1 Like

I hate party politics because we all listen to the side we support & believe what they say.
The truth is they are all liars, so say what they think will make them more popular to win votes.
If your life depended on what your politician said, how many of us would be confident of survival?
Surely the PM should be treating everybody fairly, but the left tries to provide for the poorest & the right try to increase investment returns. What about the rest of us who work hard, pay taxes & try to finance our own lives? …
Without us, the poor would suffer more because tax from our incomes help support the poor
The very wealthy will move monies to counties where they can get a better return and maybe take their businesses elsewhere, which would reduce jobs from those businesses… therefore reducing the tax we pay.
There is no easy answer unless we all honestly work together & forget which party we are supporting!

1 Like

Hi

Thanks very much for your post Twinks.

Brilliant, sums it all up in a nutshell.

I did evening classes in Russian OGF I can understand bits of what he says and they are not incompatible with the translations. Thanks anyway.

I did one lecture in Russian at Uni. I know when Putin says piano.

1 Like

AAaarrgh!

Did you say Piano? Here is the famous blueberry hill clip from 2010.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-53502120101211

1 Like

Amazing @AnnieS . I’ve always said that you never lose what you’ve never had.

1 Like

OmG I thought the result was going to be announced today. Turns out we have to wait until 12.30 pm on monday…then I suppose we will have a whole flurry of photos & speculation about the cabinet and cars pulling up at downing street. In the meantime the country is falling apart.

Farage led UKIP in the 2014 European Parliament election, in which his party won the most votes and seats; this was the first time since the December 1910 general election that Labour or the Conservatives did not get the most seats in a British nationwide election.

Erm!

Erm … that was in the elections for the European Parliament.
Farage made it clear he only stood as an MEP so he could disrupt the European Parliament and undermine the EU.
The turnout for EU elections in UK was usually poor and not very representative of the whole population. The majority of UK voters didn’t bother to vote in EU elections. There was an increased turnout in 2014, I suspect because Farage had raised the profile of the anti-EU candidates so more folk turned out to vote for UKIP, but the overall UK voter turnout was still only 35%.

As I said in my earlier reply, Farage was never the leader of the majority party in the UK Parliament and never likely to be, so he was never in the running for Prime Minister.
In my opinion he would never have been suitable as PM - apart from never being an elected as a Member of the UK Parliament, he was a single-issue politician, setting up UKIP in 1993 with the sole aim of getting UK out of the EU.

2 Likes

You are right Boot! I think Farage argued extremely well on things he felt were important, but a PM needs to view everything as important.
Sadly, most MPs only consider things important & speak well on them when they believe it will put them in power. Unless they are offering something for nothing, most people aren’t interested in what they say & that is where our whole voting system falls down. People usually vote for the party their parents did, rather than what that party plan to do!

1 Like

I agree, Twink - although I’m not sure that “People usually vote for the party their parents did, rather than what that party plan to do!” Is as widespread as it used to be.

Partly because the political parties themselves have been shifting more to left or right ideologies over the years, under different party leaders, and partly because people are now faced with a wide range of political opinion and discussion from many media sources every time they go online, so people are probably less influenced by the politics of their parents nowadays.

The shift in voting of the so-called “red wall” constituencies showed how folk are willing to shift allegiance from their political “roots” if they have a strong reason to.

You are probably right but I suspect that only a few would vote for Labour when they are Tories & vice versa!
It seems that we really only have a choice of left or right these days & I think that a good party in the middle could help prevent all the criticisms of Labour & Tory and make us feel that we have other options than left or right. Perhaps that would make all parties do more & criticise less! :wink:

1 Like

You obviously don’t watch Farage on GB news Boot…?

No, I don’t.
I had heard that GB News had employed Farage as a TV Show Presenter / Host after he retired from being a politician but I have never watched any of the shows he hosts.

You should Boot, because he deals with things that the average person needs attending to which successive governments seem to ignore. I know that some of the things are in retrospect like making sure we could supply our own energy and not be so reliant on foreign imports. It takes a war in Ukraine to highlight the weaknesses in our own society.