Liver and Onions as a meal. Are you a fan? Love or hate it?

Bangers and mash is a sound favourite for me. As for liver and onions, :face_vomiting:

1 Like

:+1: yes, I’m a fan

1 Like

I love liver and onions - with mashed potato, Urtunately nobody else likes it so I rarely do it.

1 Like

It’s liver dinner for tomorrow night, with just a couple different side
dishes which will be Asparagus and stir fry :wink:

1 Like

It’s time for a homemade Liver and Onions Dinner :hugs:

1 Like

Love beef liver & onions, smothered with gravy, you can hold the mash potatoes.

1 Like

We have it regularly … made with chicken livers.

Onion, garlic, livers, seasoning, paprika, pinch of chilly flakes, wok’d. Then add a little water/wine and simmer.

1 Like

love it

1 Like

Good grief, no! I remember it being boiled when I was younger, along with the onions and it was the most disgusting smelling, tasteless lump of leather I ever had to eat.

I have tried it when its been cooked properly, but I had to go and lie down in a dark room afterwards! :grinning:

Ooh no, the very thought of it makes me feel nauseous :face_vomiting:

Liver I hate…Shudder, but onions I love.

1 Like

I have calf’s liver about twice a year. With fried onions and mash potatoes. It has to be made just right or I will not eat it.
I have never had pig or sheep liver and not a fan of chicken liver but enjoy chicken gizzards deep fried.

No,can`t eat any offal.

1 Like

Not for me thank you, no “insides” at all actually. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I avoided liver and other organs for years - mainly after a bad experience of over cooked kidneys. Over cooked liver, kidney, pancreas, etc go horribly grainy. But in the back of my mind was that surely its right to use all of the animal, especially as such organs are low in fat and high in protein, iron and vitamins.
So when I was accidentally given calves liver at a restaurant (big group of us eating together, and perhaps bit too much wine being drunk) I decided not to return the dish to the kitchen. First mouthful was a bit challenging as it was a flavour I was not familiar with. But after a few mouthfuls I loved it and easily ate the lot.
After that, especially when eating out (as long as I know the restaurant has a good kitchen) then I do mostly opt for offal if its on the menu. I would encourage others to do the same. Sweetmeats, heart, kidney - all excellent foods.
PS for those who like sausages - guess what is most often in them?

1 Like