Life expectancy falling in parts of England before pandemic - study

LongDriver, I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. xx

1 Like

Yet only the other day, l read this…

Quote…
Women living in the village of Detling in Kent are living longer than the average life expectancy of 83 in England, leaving many wondering what their secret is. With an average life expectancy of 95, they’re being acknowledged as the longest-living in England.

They will win LTP. :biking_man:

1 Like

When I was trying to find that article I referred to previously I came across this:

https://forum.over50schat.com/t/nhs-comes-top-in-health-care-survey/40525/3?u=bruce

In 2015, according to WHO, the UK was 20th in the league table of life expectancy, but in the latest table the UK is now 25th in 2020, so that survey mentioned in the OP could well be right. I wonder why that has happened?

Maybe some of us live to an old age but what about the quality of life? If I’m just sitting around waiting to die what’s the point of it. I’d rather die before then.
Sometimes I see a 85 year old lady that walks her dog. But she’s in agony with her spine because it’s slowly breaking down. She’s on medication but it doesn’t do much and they can’t operate. Another lady has curvature of the spine and in pain but can’t do anything.

2 Likes

I’ve thought for a long time all the additives and the way foods are ‘adulterated’, crap sprayed on it or put in it, and people relying on processed foods is a big part of the problem.
That and sitting around on their backsides doing nothing apart from exercising their thumbs on their phones.
It seems these days everything is geared towards doing less and less physically.
Machines are slowly taking us over. and making those who are lazy even lazier and getting fatter :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yep, can’t argue with that.

1 Like

I don’t care what they say, I’m not revising my life expectancy. :018:

2 Likes

What are your parameters?

1 Like

@Bruce , Terrorism Brucy !! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

It’s more of a principle than a parameter, Spitty.

1 Like

Sorry, can’t stop doing numbers.

Badly now.

1 Like

Hence the “Healthy Life Expectancy” (HALE) in the reference I quoted

1 Like

Me mate, who was a year younger than me,(84 yrs) died early
this year.
By the time he died he had had two knees, one hip, two aortic
ruptures which led to the doctor’s buggering up his stomach
causing a colostany operation and continuing ruptures of his
intestines , and two weeks before he died he had cataracts
removed from both eyes which he paid for privately ???
Wonder what that lot cost ??
I must say though, that he was always cheerful !!
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Couldn’t happen here DM, Billy no mates, but, cheerfulness was delivered from an unknown source :thinking: :biking_man:

1 Like

Yes I agree but not everyone can afford organic foods or grow their own and some people can’t move about or on meds that make them like that.

@ Logan, But they could stop stuffing themselves with the stuff Logan could’nt they ??
We only need to eat twice a day at the most !!
Donkeyman! :no_mouth::no_mouth:

Logan, yes, I appreciate those with mobility or health issues have a harder time being more active. But in general we are far lazier in these times than ever before - simply because modern times and machines are geared to make us that way. Just take housework or gardening. Go get a robotic hoover or lawn mower to do it for you. :roll_eyes:

No-one has to to eat organically nor grow their own to be healthier. Just by eating sensibly, cooking from scratch instead of buying (and living on) processed ready meals, fast foods and slathering stuff in sugar and fats as some do. Eating more calories than we use up makes us ‘lumpier’ too.
But, that’s all well known and documented. It’s just so many don’t care or can’t be bothered.

I’d better get off me soapbox methinks :zipper_mouth_face: :grinning:

1 Like

That was very diplomatic.

I can be sometimes Spitty :grin: