Leonard cohen

That was from 1974, the same album as Field Commander Cohen

this is off his first album

Thanks Warelyron.
Listening to those, I must say I much prefer his voice (and his looks), as he got older.

Yes, Mups – I had the same thought. An amazing collection of posts
Waylyron — so many I was not familiar with …

Thank you.

You want it Darker?

Incredible talent - what an impressive body of work he has left.

The last two were from an album he was working on when he died. He was working with his son, Adam, who finished it

Son Adam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v=ux8s4wJXNnA

ANOTHER VERSION OF ‘HALLELUJAH’ - BEAUTIFUL BUT LEONARD’S WILL ALWAYS BE MY FAVOURITE !

There is a scene in the TV series Tin Star where they use this track…gives me goose bump just thinking about it

??? !!

Ah… Ok I didnt realise there were rules on commenting on how music can be used to capture a moment or scene…

Cohen was a poet he wanted his words to be heard and thought about

In Tin Star after some very traumatic events, Tim Roth’s character, the alcoholic police chief Jim Worth, has gone off the rails and is getting blind drunk in his local bar. The scene is accompanied by Leonard’s “You Want It Darker”. It worked really well in conveying Jim’s mood and overall sense of loss, despair and anger… I won’t comment again though if its a problem for you.

:cool:

1 Like
1 Like

Love this song :wink:

Dance me to the end of time - beautiful song and also very moving video.

2 Likes

Lovely. He was a poet who sang.

My brother is ten years older than me and when he was going through his teenage years he used to shut himself in his bedroom and blast out Cohen and Dylan

My favourite was always this. And later in life I thought it said a lot about the men women choose and why

“Reaching for the sky just to surrender” , doesn’t that send chills up your spine?

1 Like