Labor Wins Historic Third Term in Victoria

Chairman Dan and the Labor Party has won an historic third term in the Victorian state election.

While Labor’s vote was down it was no comfort to the Coalition because the missing Labor vote went even further left to the Greens in inner city Melbourne.

Labor will govern in its own right and may even hold as many seats as the last election. This result is the biggest wake-up call for the Liberal Party. Its strategy failed to appeal to millennial voters and those younger still, and the party is now in substantial trouble.

The opposition leader has resigned but the most likely replacement is struggling to beat a teal candidate.

Labelled Dictator Dan by the right because he imposed strict lock downs to try to save lives at the start of the covid pandemic.I know he’s only a politician but he does seem to have some vestige of decency.

A politician with decency? That’ll never do! :grinning:

It will be interesting to see how the Coalition go in NSW in the March election. I haven’t seen a poll for a while but Labor were slightly ahead of the government something like 38% to 35% a month or so ago.

It has to be said Dominic Perrottet is no Gladys Berejiklian but he hasn’t made too many mistakes.

As for Dan Andrews he has always struck me as a good Premier

I’m feeling generous today :grinning:

The Nationals did much better than the Libs here.I wouldn’t be surprised if they were thinking of a split.

I vaguely recall they used to split when in opposition and pursue their own policies, they might be better going back to that.

Didn’t the Nationals do better than the Libs at the last but one Federal election so Barnaby was able to insist on an extra cabinet place?

Even the Liberals “Put Labor Last” strategy failed with the conservative vote ending up with the Greens, a very strange strategy and ultimately leading to their own demise.

1 Like