Kitchen renovations - planning mine, anyone else had one done recently?

Ten weeks will soon go by Lila, you can look forward with quiet anticipation to your new kitchen.

Edited.

Been back to make final alterations, all signed for. Just have to wait till May for delivery and start dates.

No, the salesperson is the one at the shop, the person who comes round has to have the necessary qualifications.

(Although she is only a salesperson, I think she has to know quite a lot to make sure she’s ordering everything the installation team will need and everything I think that I want.)

Having new boiler installed today. This is not by the same people who are doing the kitchen.

How did it go, Lila? Are you pleased with it?

Yes, so far. It’s nice to be able to set a time and a temperature and then let it do its thing. And I still need it … frosty this morning.

Good:)

I’m still running the heating in the morning here, too …

The water coming out of hot taps is really hot too.

I’m having my fridge and microwave collected by BHF today, possibly some smaller electrical stuff. I’m trying to remember how to cater for myself without them. (I know I’ve done it before.)

2 years ago we had our bathroom gutted, we decided on WICKES, we chose the furniture/fittings, shower, toilet/basin and vanity units.tiles.the designer came, measured our space told us what would or wouldn’t, a few minor adjustments, we had a 6 month wait for their fitters. its was well worth the wait, everything fell into place, electricians, plumber,joiners,tiler, within the week it was finished. a superb job and couldn’t fault anything.
Last year we decided on a new kitchen,we decided on two estimates one B & Q and one WICKES.
the designer from B&Q was very unprofessional and more interested in quoting all the regulation certificates at us than see what would actually work in the kitchen.
WICKES designer , the same one who did the bathroom measuring. was again brilliant, advising certain things but us having the final say, we knew exactly how we wanted our kitchen to work for us. Its only small. we wanted our boiler taking out of the kitchen and a combi boiler upstairs.
again we chose everything from WICKES.they recommended a local firm for the boiler, which we bought and had them to install in the first instance.we had 9 months to wait for a slot for the kitchen fitters !
But boy was they worth waiting for! and again within the week the kitchen was finished, including tiled to the ceiling and tiled flooring.
I have never seen a work team labour the way the WICKES teams do.they are with you every step of the way,telling whats happening what they expect to do next day, and who will be coming, be it electrics/plumbers/tilers.
the kitchen is fabulous and looks exactly to the plans how we wanted it.

and no, I am not a relative of anyone from WICKES:lol:
Its so easy to complain about service and companies, I just thought I’d share my experience.
I would thoroughly recommend WICKES.

My B&Q kitchen delivery arrived today. They’ve stacked everything up so neatly that I can still access the sink, gas rings and back door.

They are starting today!

Well, it’s done. Sink, cooker, cabinets all in place. Not quite happy about the tiling.

Is it not on straight or is it the colour .?

It’s the arrangement of three colours, I had drawn a pattern but they didn’t follow it. They must have known they’d done it wrong because they went out and bought another pack of cream tiles which they wouldn’t have needed if they’d followed the original pattern.

However, once the paintwork and border paper are done, and everything is back into place, I expect it’ll look OK.

Now, every time I can’t find something I’ll be wondering what they did with it.

The decorator is here today painting walls and ceiling yellow (Pharaoh’s Gold 3).

Hope to see the finished job sometime Lila. :slight_smile:

http://i.imgur.com/GdkS7fU.jpg

Dunno if this will work…

This is an old thread, last posted on 2016…

Thought someone posted. I apologise.