Kitchen Floor Cleaners

Shelves full of them when you shop but which is best ? I expect it depends on what the floor’s made from? Mine is tiled but what they’re made from I haven’t a clue, I expect if I saw

or felt a loose one before they were glued down I’d say very hard plastic . Anyway lately I’ve had a weird problem .* *
My flat slider soles are sticking to the floor ! I’ve used Stardrops Ammonia in hot water for years by the way ,

I just use hot water with some bleach on the kitchen floor. But our floor is made of heavy duty ceramic tiles. Isn’t flash meant to be for plastic tiles?

I use Pine Disinfectant and a Mop.

I’ve one of these mop and bucket , really good the floor dries in seconds.
I don’t use anything other than hot water and a washing up liquid on my floors .

1 Like

My kitchen floor is clad in porcelain tiles ( ivory Arkitekt Dotti ) which I clean with an electric disc cleaner and a splash of bleach in the water. The bleach is not actually needed, but I use a splash to disinfect the surface.
Arkitect Dotti Ivory Matt Surface - Porcelain Floor Tile from CTD Tiles

I was wondering regarding my sliders sole sticking to the tiles if I was loosening the glue used for fixing the tiles by using too hot water🤔

We use a Vileda 1-2 spray mop.
It has a washable head and gets into corners,also it doesn`t soak the floor as you spray what amount of water you feel is suitable.

Flash was one of the originals but now there are so many products on the market . I’m doing some Googling about shoe soles sticking to floors …it’s not uncommon in fact . Too much product used or nor rinsing properly could be an answer so what I need to do is undo the stickiness …but with what?

Our Shark - excellent!

I think I’ll try a white vinegar in warm water solution .

I’ve got ceramic tiles on my kitchen floor & I just use a general all round cleaner in hot water.

It’s my bathroon floor that I find hard to clean. It’s a wet room floor made from some sort of vinyl but the surface is very rough & textured. I have to literally scrub it with hot water & a scrubbing brush & a general cleaner to get it clean. It’s hard work. When I had it installed 5 years ago I was asked if I wanted details on a special cleaner for the floor but it was expensive so I refused. I wish I hadn’t. If anybody can help me out with this I’d be grateful.

Try another pair of shoes on your floor if they also stick it’s the floor that’s the problem….
If they don’t ……buy new slippers.

1 Like

Developments … I think …although I’m not scientifically minded … that outdoor weather conditions might affect the tiles .
Reason being it’s perfectly dry outdoors and my expensive sliders …black .plastic soles … horrid things …, …are not sticking to the floor today .

We use a Shark with hot water/steam.

It would depend on what adhesive was used to fix your tiles and what the tiles have been fixed over. The usual everyday tile cement dries waterproof and the grouting (the gap filler) is also waterproof, so tiles loosing their grip is almost unheard of.

Further to my earlier report today that my sliders were not sticking to the floor , I just boiled an egg and as usual opened the kitchen window and now my sliders are sticking very slightly instead of sliding . :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Does your kitchen have an extractor fan? These are essential for keeping the humidity under control. I have a 9" extractor over the kitchen sink to one side and a 3 speed cooker hood which I always use.

No it doesn’t that’s why I open a window when I’m cooking things in pans .

The lack of humidity extraction could be your problem. Buying one is not too expensive, but the fitting and wiring usually is, although brick core cutting drills have brought the cost down considerably.

I live in a complex owned by a Housing Association , permission has to be obtained for everything the tenant wants to change. I doubt they would see my problem sympathetically . After all you could think an extractor fan as a run of the mill fitting which might have occurred to them but overlooked for some reason they don’t have an excuse for ?

1 Like