King Charlie to Visit Australia

Despite loud pleas for him to stay at home in the bosom of his family. The King of Australia has decided to accept the Labor Government’s invitation to visit Australia in October. He is even bringing his missus with him though I doubt she will have the same effect as the last one he brought to Australia, who effectively stopped Australia becoming a republic under the Hawke/Keating government.

I am sure the anti Labor/Labour elements on this forum will join me in condemning the King’s decision to visit at the Australian taxpayers’ expense when he could just as easily stay at home and cost us nothing.

1 Like

The royals often seem to visit OZ when it’s winter in the UK.
Just coincidence I expect.

4 Likes

No harm to you Bruce, but I hope they like it so much that they don’t come back!

2 Likes

Nothing costs nothing.

1 Like

Sounds like a toasty boondoggle to me!

Will @Bruce be extending a dinner invitation?

This stirred up unwanted images of the monarchs frolicking on OZ beaches of too-small bathing suits, begging the suggestion that perhaps it’s time to pass laws regarding an increasing ratio of swimwear coverage with age. There are just images you don’t want to see. :laughing:.

I see happy images of a drop top Roller, the entire population flag-waving, cut, royal couple dancing with the natives.

1 Like

Not so young and pretty. Seems to count for a lot.

Not a law that I’d subscribe to Surfer… :009:
:briefs:

I’m happy to compromise! :+1:

A bit of a struggle to get into these days! :confused:

2 Likes

I like it,I’m going to say that a lot from now on. :grinning:

And out of… :sunglasses:

1 Like

If only you were seeing what I was seeing on America’s beaches, OGF!

This was one of the locally controversial beach visitors…

No decent rooster should ever go to the beach without proper swimming attire.

1 Like

Charlie can drop in any time I always have something in the freezer for unexpected visitors.

1 Like

Very hospitable and sporting of you. We already know that you have extra lodging available. :grin:

They can park their roller in my car port next to the camper. I live alone in a four bedroom house, I can always squeeze them in somewhere.

Downsizing has never been an option for me, it’s all to do with location - 2 minutes walk to the shopping centre, 5 minutes to the train station, 10 minutes to the countryside (though it has to be said that the latter is slowly moving away from me). My car is only used for long trips.

2 Likes

ah well unlikely to come to my little town in the back of beyond so I guess I will just carry on as usual…

1 Like

Similar situation here, so they would be welcome as long as they weren’t averse to a dog jumping into the bed in the middle of the night or surfboard or two propped up in one corner.

Don’t worry word on the street is that Charlie is only visiting Sydney and Canberra so my frozen dinner and car port are safe.

2 Likes

I wasn’t going to mention that but yes :wink: