King Charles III diagnosed with cancer

It is not prostate cancer, but was discovered during his recent treatment for an enlarged prostate. The type of cancer has not been revealed, but the palace said the King began “regular treatments” on Monday.

No further details are being shared on the stage of cancer or a prognosis.

The King informed both his sons personally about his diagnosis and Prince William was said to be in regular contact with his father. Prince Harry, who lives in the United States, spoke to his father and will be travelling to the UK to see him in the coming days.

Although he will pause his public events, the King will continue with his constitutional role as head of state, including paperwork and private meetings.

There is a constitutional mechanism for when the head of state is unable to carry out official duties - in that circumstance “counsellors of state” can be appointed to stand in for the monarch.

At present that includes Queen Camilla, Prince William, Princess Anne and Prince Edward, with Prince Harry and Prince Andrew no longer to be called on as non-working royals.

For many types of cancer, the chance of getting it increases with age. UK figures suggest, on average each year, more than a third (36%) of new cancer cases were in people aged 75 and over.

Blimey more bad news for HM King Charles … I wish him well … :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Bit of a shock but I wish him well … cancer is an awful thing to have to battle.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t wish it on anyone but at least with Kings there is always another one hanging about in the background.

King Charles has cancer .

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royals/king-charles-cancer-health-live-32053891

Prince Harry leaves Heathrow as he ‘heads to London’

The Duke of Sussex left Los Angeles International Airport last night and arrived in London around lunchtime today.

He is understood to be travelling to London in a Range Rover, which was spotted departing Heathrow a short time ago.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royals/king-charles-cancer-health-live-32053891

King Charles has been pictured for the first time since his cancer diagnosis was revealed – after it was confirmed Prince Harry is now in the UK to visit him.

The King, 75, was seen being driven in the State Bentley alongside Queen Camilla from Clarence House down The Mall to Buckingham Palace. From there he is expected to be taken by helicopter to Sandringham, where he will be based during his cancer treatment.

“Duties” almost makes it sound like they actually have a job, rather than being driven around and waited on hand and foot while they make a speech someone else wrote and declare something open.

Like I say I wouldn’t wish cancer on anybody but all this fuss about “The King’s first public appearance since his cancer diagnosis” when he was driven between his home and Buck House - give us a break.

He is only a year younger than me, illness of some sort is a constant companion surely?

2 Likes

The Duke of Sussex is scheduled to join Meghan Markle at an event to commemorate a year until the Invictus Games in Vancouver and Whistler.

Harry founded the Invictus Games as a working member of the Royal Family and has continued to champion the sporting event despite stepping down from the monarchy in 2020.

The royal and Meghan Markle produced the series Heart of Invictus as part of their Netflix deal.

The five-episode programme followed the 2022 Invictus Games which were hosted in The Hague.

Prince Harry featured throughout the series but it failed to reach the same heights as the Sussexes’ debut Netflix documentary, the self-titled, Harry & Meghan.

As long as it’s for charity and not for profit … :thinking:

You can’t blame him . After paying his respects to his dad, who would you rather spend time with? Charlie Windsor or Meghan Markle? Not a difficult decision, no surprises there.

1 Like

King Charles III

Meghan Markle can go boil her head.

1 Like

Nothing like a bit of speculation

I’m sure she’d be much more fun

1 Like

Harry is doing what i call lip service,just show.
It would have been nice if he had the children with him,that would have been a nice touch for the King.

For some, maybe, but not for me … :scream:

She’s prettier than him of course but personally we wouldn’t have much in common.Whereas Charles is more my age,a big fan of the Goons and that sort of humour.If he hadn’t been institutionalized by the Royals I think he would have been an ok sort of chap.

I do not think in all my adult life I ever visited my parent for 45 miutes and I was not traveling across the World to do so. What can you say in 45 minutes especialy after such a diagnosis.You only have one set of parents whoever you are.

probably an example of their inability to feel comfortable in each others company for more than 10 mins?

King Charlie probably had to fit him in between the arduous task of signing something and having a car door opened for him.

1 Like

but we still don’t have all the absolute facts Harry may have another father genetically??