Kashmiri Goats – The Great Orme, Llandudno

Goat curry is infinitely better than lamb curry.

It is - but it’s not usually on sale in local butchers - unless you are prepared to eat halal stuff - which I am not.

Me neither.

They will have the devil of a job getting them back up into the hills now they have discovered easy pickings…

It’s the deer where I live strolling about at night like they own the place…actually they most probably do before we stole it from them :slight_smile:

The goats would be wise to head for the hills, the way things are going with the lockdown they could end up in someone’s curry :shock:

HaHa, Yesterday, l thought this was an April Fools joke!

Animals are on the loose around the world.

They’re probably pregnant this time of year too, or have not long given birth.
They’ll end up eating something from people’s gardens that will make them ill soon. Poor things.

Llandudno goats sent to Bristol and Bournemouth to control numbers

The goats made headlines after venturing from the Great Orme into the town of Llandudno at the start of lockdown. Now 30 will be moved to Bristol and Bournemouth to try to control numbers.

Conwy council said it hoped the relocation would keep numbers at “sustainable levels”.

Numbers spiked when the pandemic meant contraceptive jabs could not be given to the goats as usual. As they ventured further into the town, there were fears some could be hit by cars as restrictions were eased.

The goats have now been rounded up, with some given contraceptive injections to make sure the numbers in Llandudno remain stable, the council said. The 19 female goats given a birth control hormone will stay in Llandudno.

A further 30 animals have been sent to Bristol and Bournemouth to be part of “conservation grazing projects”. The aim is for the goats to eat invasive and aggressive plant species, allowing rarer plants to grow through.

A count of goat numbers in Llandudno is due to take place later this year during the mating season, but the number remaining in the town is thought to be over 100.

I’m glad that it’s relocation and not culling … :smiley:

:023: :023:

The goats are settling in well in Bristol’s Avon Gorge…

They have such pretty faces! Goats are fun and very mischievous.

I adore goats! Especially the kids, the way they skip and jump, so cute!

I hope they sent a translator with them!:smiley:

They certainly are. And strong willed and clever, too.

Mine used to be able to open a bolt with their lips in seconds! :slight_smile:

Has anyone eaten goat?

Excellent … :023:

I read that Bristol Zoo also introduced 4 Bagot goats, too. They are an ancient breed, introduced to England in the 14th century, and, since they were of no commercial value, they were confined to parkland. With the demise of large estates, herds vanished and are rarely found nowadays. Levens Hall in Cumbria has a large herd which visitors can encounter “in the wild”.

Yes - very tender, very tasty!:smiley: But it wasn’t one I knew personally.

Actually it came as part of a wedding feast - didn’t know what it was until afterwards.

They are gorgeous but some of those horns look lethal!

A herd of Great Orme goats were seen at Asda in Llandudno, Conwy county, with one pair locking horns at the traffic lights.

Nurse Michelle Evans, who saw them, said: “They were having a right scrap and making a heck of a noise. It sounded like one was hurt.”

Conwy council said it could not remove the goats as they were on private property.

The Local Democracy Reporting Service said furious drivers beeped their horns attempting to scare off the goats but they were too busy scrapping or watching the fight to move.

Goats butt heads to establish their dominance or their place in the herd.

Don’t mess with goats … :018: