Justice or not

I wouldn’t like to judge our justice system, I may have in the past, however, I couldn’t do there job for Love nor money, .i don’t think any of them get away with anything ,if they are caught, the authorities deal with them their way,.we have the justice system that we have, and I’m thankful for them…

Taking action?

An assumption?

That is when lawlessness wins.

Not at all, I know people who sleep with something to hand to defend themselves.

1 Like

Maybe they do, but I think it’s an assumption to say that they would be ready to use, what ever they have at hand.

Also they would be taking the law into their own hands, if they did,.we have those in authority, that’s the way it is…and has been ever since I can remember…even though some think they are too lenient, i would rather have it that way…than the whole country taking the law into their own hands…that’s just my own opinion.

A few have firearms.

In the village youngsters are a little intimidating playing with their air pistols.

The problem with having “something to hand” ready in case there is an intruder is that you have to be careful about whether this may be viewed as “pre-planning” to attack an intruder.

This article sets out the CPS advice on self defence against intruders in your home - it is acceptable to attack someone with a weapon which comes to hand but only to protect yourself and others in the house if you are being attacked or if you believe you may be attacked - not acceptable if it is just to protect your property and not acceptable if you are “pre-planning” to attack a burglar.

It doesn’t mention the outcome of using a weapon you are deliberately keeping ready to hand against an intruder - licensed firearms are supposed to be kept locked up when not in use, aren’t they, so you may end up on a sticky wicket if you kept one under your bed - especially if you used it on an intruder who had no firearm - although a farmer in 2012 was not charged with any crime when he shot at two burglars with his legally licenced shotgun - on that occasion it was the burglars who ended up in jail.
I guess the Justice system looks at each case on its own individual circumstances and merits.

1 Like

Yes, this is why women have to justify having (and using) hairspray and/or scissors against a would-be attacker when out and about. We here in the UK can’t even use pepper spray (which is ridiculous), but instead have to use a “personal alarm” which is intended to scare off an attacker, or alert people to come and help :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s reasonable to keep my bunch of keys in my pocket, within easy reach if I notice anyone lurking around when I’m walking home or walking back to my car, though - one of them just happens to be the long deadlock key to my garage.
It’s not a weapon but it could help fend someone off -

1 Like

Reminds me of a joke but is not funny, The Police are way under staffed but try getting one when youve not got your seatbelt on !!

A man sees someone breaking into his shed. He calls police. They say they don’t have anyone available right now. They’ll be there as soon as they can, but it may be two hours. The man hangs up.

"A few minutes later he calls again and tells them to take their time. He’s pulled out his rifle and shot the man. He’s not going anywhere. Within minutes the place is swarming with police, helicopters, cars, dogs, etc. They find the man breaking into the shed and arrest him.

The police go to the man, “I thought you said you shot him!” The man responds “I thought you said you had no one available”

1 Like

The crims probably got the normal sentence for the crime they committed (whether it is adequate is another matter) but running someone down with a motor vehicle is a very serious offence he could have been charged with attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon.

The law doesn’t differentiate between attacking someone with a motor vehicle or an iron bar and while everybody has the right to defend themselves they don’t have the right to seek out people and attack them.

It would be funny, if it weren’t so true though! So many times I have seen police ignoring things they consider to be too much paperwork in correlation to the crime, yet mention a weapon and the place is swarming with riot police and flak jackets :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I think the home owner was speeding , missed the corner burst two
Tyres then careered into the bike which then hit a parked car and the home owner went into a parked van . Awful crash .

He must have been terrified the thugs might die hence a long sentence and his wife alone , they then chose to terminate second baby . How absolutely awful for two decent people .

We all can have moments of madness

My mum kept a lump hammer on the landing at the top of the stairs that she intended to hit any intruder on the head with as they came up. She said she’d drag the body outside and then deny all knowledge and she’d get away with it because she was 88

You think she was joking? You think she wouldn’t have done it when it came to the crunch? You really didn’t know my mum! :rofl:

I always thought that Tony Martin was hard done by.

1 Like

Galty is Tony Martin the farmer who shot two burglars and one lad died , my memory is that he went to prison but I can’t remember for how long

1 Like
1 Like

Americans could not understand why he was sent to prison.

Thank you Cinders

You’re welcome.

1 Like