John Denver. On TV BBC4

On at 9 p.m.

3 Likes

wow that takes me back a while - very sweet non-intrusive singer - easy on the mind - let’s know how it turns out ?

2 Likes

It was a lovely program about his life & a concert after too. It was great seeing him perform live again, even though he is no longer.
Did anyone else watch them?

I did get the impression that towards the end of his life he was unhnappy with many things and had started drinking too much and driving his car and plane whilst doing so - his end life seemed boring perhaps and he had become careless??

He did not leave a will which caused all sorts of problems for those he left behind and to me that was not a caring attitude. Making a will should have been his priority as soon as he was married the 1st time and it should have been amended/added to subsequently.
I’ll always remember his music and Calypso in particular👇

“Calypso”

To sail on a dream on a crystal clear ocean, to ride on the crest of the wild raging storm.
To work in the service of life and the living, in search of the answers to questions unknown.
To be part of the movement and part of the growing, part of beginning to understand.
Aye, Calypso, the places you’ve been to,
the things that you’ve shown us, the stories you tell.
Aye, Calypso, I sing to your spirit, the men who have served you so long and so well.

Like the dolphin who guides you, you bring us beside you
to light up the darkness and show us the way.
For though we are strangers in your silent world, to live on the land we must learn from the sea.
To be true as the tide and free as a wind swell, joyful and loving in letting it be.
Aye, Calypso, I sing to your spirit, the men who have served you so long and so well.

I really liked John Denver - this is one of my favourites:-

1 Like

He was quite a good actor as well - have most of his films on DVD.

Much as I loved him, I’m sorry ST, but I thought he was an awful actor. I do have all the films he was in on DVD though. :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like