Jimmy Savile.The Reckoning

Why have they made this? Who would want to watch anything about this monster?

1 Like

People watch the news that 1000 innocent people have been butchered by monsters in a day and seem to think that is acceptable so why not watch J saville ?

I personally never liked Jimmy Saville from his first appearance on Top of the Pops, I always thought he was a bit creepy but never imagined he was a child molester however I did watch the Netflix doco about him and his behaviour.

I think it was called something like, “A British Horror Story

Found it:

2 Likes

Well done for including your latest obsession in a different topic.
By the way, some of us are horrified by the butchering of innocent families by both sides.

4 Likes

No I couldn’t watch The Reckoning to chilling …that man was evil.
Being a wuss i listen to the news R4 or read online. I don’t need the graphic horror to appreciate the heartache and suffering .

3 Likes

I have watched it the last two nights, it portrays the whole story very well and it’s incredible how Savile got away with so much, many were aware but no one dared speak out. Maybe because he was on close terms with Thatcher and the royal family.

1 Like

well i have blamed Thatcher for many things…lol

Do not have to watch anything, least of all about him.

4 Likes

Didn’t have an opinion about Savile on TOTP’s I thought he was just the usual cretin DJ that loved themselves. I don’t think I was surprised when the brown stuff hit the fan.
I certainly wouldn’t watch a film or documentary about him. There seems to be far too many of these analytical programmes about perverts and mass murderers, I don’t watch any of them far too disturbing.

4 Likes

The worst thing was he got away with it & never got punished for it. If there is a hell I hope he’s there.

2 Likes

As much as I like Steve Coogan, I will have to give this “performance” a miss - I really don’t want to know any more about the repulsive JS.

4 Likes

I won’t be watching this drama about Savile - I used to avoid watching Savile on TV when he was alive because he gave me the creeps, so I wouldn’t want to see an actor trying to play the role of Savile.

I thought Savile behaved like a perv when he used to present Top of the Pops, back when I was a young teenager - I never watched “Jim’ll Fix It” but I couldn’t avoid seeing the occasional brief video clip of it and he still came across as pervy to me.
Even seeing him on the news when he was doing marathons and fund-raising stuff, surrounded by lots of young people, used to turn my stomach, to be honest.

3 Likes

I was similarly repulsed - I could never understand why he was so “popular” … :confounded:

2 Likes

I wrote to him to fix it for me to be calamity Jane.
I didn’t dislike him just thought he was naff with the jewellery, shell suits and tacky hair .
Had no idea he was a monster.

3 Likes

That was lucky if just writing to him was the closest you got.

2 Likes

I am currently watching it now, more out of curiosity than anything else. At one time he never seemed to be off the telly or papers. There was something about him I never liked, the way he put himself across on TV. Never had any time for Jim’ll Fix It or anything else he was in. Like everyone else, I was shocked when the full story came out after he died about what he did, having got away with it all.

As for The Reckoning, Steve Coogan does an incredible job as Saville and I find it quite a compelling factual drama.

2 Likes

I resisted until my sister said to watch . I’m on episode 3 . I’m astounded that so many people knew. The actor playing Saville is excellent . Shocking what this vile creature got away with in plain sight .

I feel the drama shows up the falseness and crawling of those who should hang their heads in shame and learn from their weakness .

Pure evil

3 Likes

I have watched all episodes and I must say the acting and actors were excellent and as much as I dislike SaVile it was quite compelling . It showed him to be a dislikable person yet able to talk his way into everywhere. Heartbreaking to see some of the now older victims but what made me think was how naive we were , gullible even , trusting as parents , believing in those we shouldn’t have believed in . The parents heartbreak at finding out years later of this vile creature and how he manipulated children and families . People knew , it was known he was a dirty human yet he had free range of everywhere.

Yes it’s a horrible truth and actually it is a big wake up call to the future children and parents

4 Likes

A balanced review susan_m how he coerced those who knew to keep quiet, gained trust of victims by his plausible lies. Too disturbing watch, but it seems not to have gone over all we already knew.

2 Likes